No survey code given at the end of a survey

macdee30

Reaction score
After finishing a survey, there was no survey code given at the end. They just said thank you for completing. What does this mean, and how can one submit the hit without a survey code?...what if I use my ID, will my hit be rejected?..

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
This happens to me regularly (at least once a week), and the way I deal with it is by submitting the survey without a code, and then immediately contacting the requester and explaining that I received no code but that I did complete the survey. For me, this approach has always resulted in me being paid for a survey. That said, your results (along with others') may vary. For me, it's been successful thus far.

RozH

Reaction score
This happens to me regularly (at least once a week), and the way I deal with it is by submitting the survey without a code, and then immediately contacting the requester and explaining that I received no code but that I did complete the survey. For me, this approach has always resulted in me being paid for a survey. That said, your results (along with others') may vary. For me, it's been successful thus far.
It maybe a dumb question, but how do you "contact" the requester? is there a messaging service in MTurk?

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
It maybe a dumb question, but how do you "contact" the requester? is there a messaging service in MTurk?
There is. Go into your MTurk dashboard, and then click on the date that you did the hit for the requester you want to message, and there should be a "Contact Requester" link on the right side of the page for all of the requesters you did hits for on that day. From that link, you'll be able to directly message the requester (1000 words max). If/When they respond however, it'll be through your email address associated with your Amazon account.

Also, no question is dumb except for the ones not asked. :)

Last edited: