Bluesterling

Reaction score
Hi! I’m a total newbie. My Mturk account was activated today. I have no idea what I’m doing! I took all the qualifications I could find (12) today. Any advice would be appreciated! I have some questions. I use an Apple M1. What’s the best browser to use? I signed up on Chrome.
I see lots of hits I’m not qualified for, but there is an option to request qualification. Should I do that? Is it better to just do hits you qualify for automatically?
How do I get over the fear of doing these? I saw one for market research surveys, the requester is James Billings, and I started it, but freaked out because it sent me to a market research company that wanted me to sign my privacy away. Hahaha. maybe I don’t understand how that one works. Haha

I have so many questions, sorry about that.

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Hi! I’m a total newbie. My Mturk account was activated today. I have no idea what I’m doing! I took all the qualifications I could find (12) today. Any advice would be appreciated! I have some questions. I use an Apple M1. What’s the best browser to use? I signed up on Chrome.
I see lots of hits I’m not qualified for, but there is an option to request qualification. Should I do that? Is it better to just do hits you qualify for automatically?
How do I get over the fear of doing these? I saw one for market research surveys, the requester is James Billings, and I started it, but freaked out because it sent me to a market research company that wanted me to sign my privacy away. Hahaha. maybe I don’t understand how that one works. Haha

I have so many questions, sorry about that.
Okay, first thing is that we look at the reviews (we write reviews about different requesters). Don't do billings hits (for starters).

start by downloading the basic scripts and you'll get a sense of how to find those reviews. Read this: https://www.mturkguide.com/

Once you do, come back and ask questions (but do it in the main thread, okay?)