Newbie Turker here. Scoutit help please

SilverSage

Reaction score
Just signed up last week and I've been doing Scoutit receipts to get my numbers up. I can't figure out what to do with restaurant receipts that have a handwritten tip amount in the tip line. Do I use the printed total or the total including the tip? I've been returning them rather than guessing wrong....@mentor please.

Reactions: jan

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Just signed up last week and I've been doing Scoutit receipts to get my numbers up. I can't figure out what to do with restaurant receipts that have a handwritten tip amount in the tip line. Do I use the printed total or the total including the tip? I've been returning them rather than guessing wrong....@mentor please.
I'm not sure why your @Mentor tag didn't work, so I'll do it for you. :)

I'll be honest, though, my advice for ScoutIts is to just not do them. He has no problem handing out rejections for even minor things on those HITs. So while your numbers might improve, your approval rating might suffer. I would stick to safer requesters that have a record of not rejecting so much. You can find that info on Turkopticon, if you're not already using it. They have two sites/scripts, I would recommend both if you're new. There's also TurkerView, but it's newer and I'm not sure if you'd be as likely to find reviews for early numbers batches on there.

SilverSage

Reaction score
Thank you for the info :) I will see what other safe requesters I can find.

Achilles2357

Reaction score
If I had to restart again, I would definitely aim to get to 1000 approvals in my first 10 days, while keeping a 99% approval rating. I've never done Scoutit, since I don't know how to make it profitable, but I find that it is best to trust what others say unless you have reasonable confidence that you can do better (and that is sometimes the case, I think - sometimes the advice you'll get is wrong). I think the biggest jump in hits available comes at 1000. Actually, if I were doing it again, I would try to pound out 80-90 easy hits a day, and then try to see what better stuff I could catch and do.

Reactions: Jerami

BumPirate69

Reaction score
Any suggestions on which requesters to look out for in your first 10 days to get approvals up?

igetmine27

Reaction score
I just encountered ScoutIt and will no longer be doing any of their HITs. Not profitable and if you get one thing wrong out of 100, they will reject the whole thing.

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
One of the first thing we advise most turkers is to put him on your block list.
(sorry about the rejections!)