Newbie requesters question! NEED HELP! ???

crazy_ecg

Anastasia
Reaction score
Hey guys! @Mentor
Help me, please. I’m a newbie requester on Mturk.
I need to create a HIIT for the following turkers:
a) who wants to form a habit, or to rid of a habit;
b) who are the real users of one of the following apps: Fabulous, Reflectly, Productive, Streaks.

How can I create the HIIT to find the relevant turkers using Premium Qualification? Can I find the relevant users in some other ways?

I really appreciate your help. Thank you!:help::help::help:

Lumius

Reaction score
crazy_ecg @crazy_ecg
Those apps, Fabulous, Reflectly, Productive, Streaks, aren't specifically available to be filtered by Amazon's filter, since they are not as popular.

Also, a little tip. Even if they were available, the "Premium" qualifications simply are workers going in and checking a box. It's not an earned qualification, and has no barrier to entry. It is just a filter option that Amazon upcharges for. Any worker can check any box and self-dispense a qualification.

You can likely get equal quality for this type of test by making your own filter, and save money in the process. You will get MUCH better results by putting more effort into your test making/screening. Also, adding the premium filter would remove many otherwise qualified people who simply don't know to check the the box.

Here is what I would suggest: Because of the relative specificity of your task, I would begin with a screener.

Make the hit title: Qualification for larger task with bonuses: Looking for users of one of the following apps: Fabulous, Reflectly, Productive, Streaks.
You must be looking to form or get rid of a habit.

1. Request a screenshot of them logged into the account, with personally identifiable information removed
(Windows snipping tool is great, and this could be as simple as a snapshot of their account bar)

2. Specify the any other qualifications, demographics (must be 18-65, have used app for 90+ days etc.)

3. If the participants meet your criteria, emphasize you will be contacting them with a larger task

4. Email the qualified people after you judge their entries.

5. Since you are requiring extra steps like snipping, and are looking for a rarer app, pay a little more for a screener, with the money you saved from not using MTurk Premium Qualifications.

At $0.50 or $9.00/hr average you will show up on many more scripts, addons and good worker's lists.
And money you bonus definitely will provide incentive for writing (if needed)/quality answers.

6. You get what you pay for. If you put the effort into making the task, you will get much more scientific and useful results.

3 10-min tests will keep peoples attention more than a 30 min tests. Keep your length shorter for people to stay focused.

Answer your emails with Turker questions and communicate well.

The followup task is much easier. The hardest part was getting real, rarer users of those apps.

Once you've qualified everyone, you can either send them a password, or use the survey's include option to include them in your panel.

Title: Looking for users of one of the following apps: Fabulous, Reflectly, Productive, Streaks.

1. Activate your survey, and give a bonus good, quality written answers.

2. Reap the rewards and receive high-quality answers, and a good reputation on the site for future projects!

crazy_ecg

Anastasia
Reaction score
crazy_ecg @crazy_ecg
Those apps, Fabulous, Reflectly, Productive, Streaks, aren't specifically available to be filtered by Amazon's filter, since they are not as popular.

Also, a little tip. Even if they were available, the "Premium" qualifications simply are workers going in and checking a box. It's not an earned qualification, and has no barrier to entry. It is just a filter option that Amazon upcharges for. Any worker can check any box and self-dispense a qualification.

You can likely get equal quality for this type of test by making your own filter, and save money in the process. You will get MUCH better results by putting more effort into your test making/screening. Also, adding the premium filter would remove many otherwise qualified people who simply don't know to check the the box.

Here is what I would suggest: Because of the relative specificity of your task, I would begin with a screener.

Make the hit title: Qualification for larger task with bonuses: Looking for users of one of the following apps: Fabulous, Reflectly, Productive, Streaks.

1. Request a screenshot of them logged into the account, with personally identifiable information removed
(Windows snipping tool is great, and this could be as simple as a snapshot of their account bar)

2. Specify the any other qualifications, demographics (must be 18-65, have used app for 90+ days etc.)

3. If the participants meet your criteria, emphasize you will be contacting them with a larger task

4. Email the qualified people after you judge their entries.

5. Since you are requiring extra steps like snipping, and are looking for a rarer app, pay a little more for a screener, with the money you saved from not using MTurk Premium Qualifications.

At $0.50 or $9.00/hr average you will show up on many more scripts, addons and good worker's lists.
And money you bonus definitely will provide incentive for writing (if needed)/quality answers.

6. You get what you pay for. If you put the effort into making the task, you will get much more scientific and useful results.

3 10-min tests will keep peoples attention more than a 30 min tests. Keep your length shorter for people to stay focused.

Answer your emails with Turker questions and communicate well.

The followup task is much easier. The hardest part was getting real, rarer users of those apps.

Once you've qualified everyone, you can either send them a password, or use the survey's include option to include them in your panel.

Title: Looking for users of one of the following apps: Fabulous, Reflectly, Productive, Streaks.

1. Activate your survey, and give a bonus good, quality written answers.

2. Reap the rewards and receive high-quality answers, and a good reputation on the site for future projects!
Thank you so much!!! Lumius @Lumius