New User

MaryDom

Reaction score
I was just informed about MTurk by a friend who has been doing it for years. I am excited to try this but found out that you have to wait on approval. how long does the approval process usually take for them to approve someone? Also do they have you provide tax information after approval? I want to do this so I am excited because this allows me to still help my mom an disabled brother. I am afraid I wont get approved for some strange reason. any advice would be appreciated and some positive vibes because this type of work is perfect for me

Reactions: jan

MaryDom

Reaction score
Hope I am posting this in the correct forum this time.
I was just informed about MTurk by a friend who has been doing it for years. I am excited to try this but found out that you have to wait on approval. how long does the approval process usually take for them to approve someone? Also do they have you provide tax information after approval? I want to do this so I am excited because this allows me to still help my mom an disabled brother. I am afraid I wont get approved for some strange reason. any advice would be appreciated and some positive vibes because this type of work is perfect for me

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
hi :wave: welcome and good luck to you. It's okay for you to post in the regular daily forum. You'd get a lot more feedback there since I only happened to see your post on the side when I was logging in. I don't know for sure, but I've just heard it can take a little longer to get approved than it used to. Once you get on, you'll get all kinds of advice about different extensions and scripts to help you do stuff like find good hits or requesters. Not sure there are also threads on here to help you out. Greasyfork.org has a lot of helpful scripts and Mturksuite.com as well is helpful for when you get going. Hitscraper (on Greasyfork.org) of Hitfinder (part of Mturksuite) will help you find hits. I've learned the most from just showing up on the daily forum and paying attention to what's going on as well as asking questions. People are pretty nice here and like to talk about their experience.

MaryDom

Reaction score
Thanks I did download the scripts with advice from my friend. I just hate the wait lol. I just want to get started Oh well good things come to those who wait

jan

Reaction score
When I was approved, it took three days. A few months ago, I heard they weren't approving folks - then I heard of some more approvals (just recently). So, honestly, I don't know. They let in workers when it makes sense to them - and don't when they don't want/need new folks. I'd say you will get an email reply in 2-3 days. So, wait on that. After that, you do need to provide some information - but not tax documents. We work for the requesters - Amazon 'just' provides the means (the way we connect). So, we have to figure out our own taxes.

MaryDom

Reaction score
OK Thank you. Hopefully they say yes because I am willing to work

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Hope I am posting this in the correct forum this time.
To answer your questions, there's no pre-set time it takes for them to approve someone. It could be days or weeks or longer. Not everyone who applies is approved but there's no way to tell who will or won't be approved since their criteria is proprietary. You will have to provide your SSN for tax purposes, yes, as MTurk is taxable income.

MaryDom

Reaction score
To answer your questions, there's no pre-set time it tabe approved since their criteria is proprietary. You will have to provide your SSN for tax purposes, yes, as MTurk is taxable income.

Thank You. Hope they say yes and dont take long. If they didn't need people I wish they wouldn't allow people to apply. Keeping my fingers crossed