New Turker Looking for a Bit of Help

Kenn

Reaction score
Hey, new turker (about a week) here looking for a bit of help/advice. It's been going okay and in terms of money, I have only made about $10 and have about 150 completed HITs. However, most of my time has been learning how to turk and getting familiar with using scripts. Currently, I am using PandA Crazy, HIT notifier, turkopticon, and hit scraper. I have done a bunch of research, from watching videos to visiting sites like here and reddit, but I still feel like I am stuck. I understand that in the beginning, it's a really slow process. However, there aren't many options in terms of what I can do. Most HITs are low paying, and I lose out on a majority of them because they have low TO scores and I do not want to risk getting rejections early on. And the good HITs that show up in forums and hit notifier usually requires some qualification that I don't have (understandably). I know I have to be patient and continue grinding, but I was wondering if anyone has any feedback/advice. Does it sound like I am on the right track? Thanks for hearing me out!

Reactions: mboone73

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Hello. Welcome to the forum.

The hit review sites aren't an exact science. Particularly for batches. Everyone is different, work at different speeds, etc. And I think people are more likely to leave negative reviews than positive ones. I've always felt the forum is a good place to get a feel for what people are working on and issues they might be having.

You'll need batches to build up your numbers, which will open up even more hits for you. And if you see qualifications hits, take them. Always be qualling as the saying goes.

Reactions: Jerami and Kenn

Kenn

Reaction score
Hello. Welcome to the forum.

The hit review sites aren't an exact science. Particularly for batches. Everyone is different, work at different speeds, etc. And I think people are more likely to leave negative reviews than positive ones. I've always felt the forum is a good place to get a feel for what people are working on and issues they might be having.

You'll need batches to build up your numbers, which will open up even more hits for you. And if you see qualifications hits, take them. Always be qualling as the saying goes.
Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it!

Reactions: Jerami and mboone73

Dhaze

Reaction score
Hello, im new myself(5 days)..personally been getting my 100 daily doing Mldatalabeler's jobs...they only pay 1 cent but take only seconds and ive had them all approved so by day 10 if they keep posting them thatll be 1000 approved hits right there...I'd check those out, its been right around the time of reset.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hey, new turker (about a week) here looking for a bit of help/advice. It's been going okay and in terms of money, I have only made about $10 and have about 150 completed HITs. However, most of my time has been learning how to turk and getting familiar with using scripts. Currently, I am using PandA Crazy, HIT notifier, turkopticon, and hit scraper. I have done a bunch of research, from watching videos to visiting sites like here and reddit, but I still feel like I am stuck. I understand that in the beginning, it's a really slow process. However, there aren't many options in terms of what I can do. Most HITs are low paying, and I lose out on a majority of them because they have low TO scores and I do not want to risk getting rejections early on. And the good HITs that show up in forums and hit notifier usually requires some qualification that I don't have (understandably). I know I have to be patient and continue grinding, but I was wondering if anyone has any feedback/advice. Does it sound like I am on the right track? Thanks for hearing me out!
Also, not mentioned in the other reply, it's a holiday week(or 2). People tend to take time off, especially a lot of schools. Without people posting HITs, it's extremely slow. Standard holiday season stuff.:)