New Requester: Seeking Advice on How to Upload Qualifications

liam_w

Requester
Reaction score
Hi,
Following up on my previous posting, we've now created a customized qualification type (Store Evaluator 1). We created a csv with "Worker ID" in column A and "Store Evaluator 1" in column B. In row two we have "xxx" (the worker ID) in column A and "1" in column B. We named the file workers.csv.

From the Manage Workers page we clicked "Upload CSV" to load the file. However, it gives us the error "Your file could not be processed. Error on line 1."

Can someone see what are we doing wrong here?

Thanks!

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Have you tried downloading the CSV from the manage workers page, editing that, and then re-uploading it?

esprit-hyperdoux

Crowd Disappointer
Requester
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
Following up on my previous posting, we've now created a customized qualification type (Store Evaluator 1). We created a csv with "Worker ID" in column A and "Store Evaluator 1" in column B. In row two we have "xxx" (the worker ID) in column A and "1" in column B. We named the file workers.csv.

From the Manage Workers page we clicked "Upload CSV" to load the file. However, it gives us the error "Your file could not be processed. Error on line 1."

Can someone see what are we doing wrong here?

Thanks!
try "UPDATE-Store Evaluator 1" in column B
also, I don't know if you've already created all your quals, but if you have a lot to do then you can do them all on the same .csv & save yourself some time? either by adding additional columns to the .csv ("UPDATE-Store Evaluator 2" etc), or by using one qual & assigning different values to each worker (1, 2, 3, ...)

Last edited:

liam_w

Requester
Reaction score
Thanks. Unfortunately, changing column B to "UPDATE-Store Evaluator 1" gives the same result.

Not sure whether we need to have already had workers complete HITs to upload a csv. Because this is our first request the "Download CSV" icon is grayed out. However, the "Upload CSV" icon is not grayed out - it just seems to have a problem with the csv we're trying to upload.

Doesn't seem like we have the capability to paste in a screenshot here, but this is what it looks like:

Worker ID UPDATE-Store Evaluator 1
xxxx 1

esprit-hyperdoux

Crowd Disappointer
Requester
Contributor
Reaction score
are you using commas & quotes to demarcate the cells in the .csv? it should be like this:
Code:
"Worker ID","UPDATE-Store Evaluator 1"
"xxxx","1"

liam_w

Requester
Reaction score
Apologies, as soon as I sent my last message we figured out the problem. We had created the csv in Excel, and somehow it was screwing up the formatting. We recreated the csv in a text file and that did the trick. We'll now begin publishing the HITs and assigning them using the Quals. We'll use your suggestion to assign different values to each worker.

Thanks!

esprit-hyperdoux

Crowd Disappointer
Requester
Contributor
Reaction score
Apologies, as soon as I sent my last message we figured out the problem. We had created the csv in Excel, and somehow it was screwing up the formatting. We recreated the csv in a text file and that did the trick. We'll now begin publishing the HITs and assigning them using the Quals. We'll use your suggestion to assign different values to each worker.

Thanks!
Never trust excel!!!! it's the WORST :D glad you got it working tho!