New member here with a few questions...

PathFindergirl28

Reaction score
Hi everyone from the east coast, USA! I was just approved to work as an Amazon turk worker a couple of weeks ago... So, I am basically totally new and oblivious to it! lol However, I am trying to use it and figure it out... I completed my first HIT a few days ago and it was approved. My questions are: when I click on a HIT from a requester, how do I know that the work from the requester is legit?? How can I prevent from clicking on a virus or inappropriate links from requesters? Are there any programs that I can load to prevent clicking on malware or getting a virus on my computer? Also, can requesters see my real name when I am doing a HIT for them, or just my worker ID? Thanks, any info in appreciated!

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Hi everyone from the east coast, USA! I was just approved to work as an Amazon turk worker a couple of weeks ago... So, I am basically totally new and oblivious to it! lol However, I am trying to use it and figure it out... I completed my first HIT a few days ago and it was approved. My questions are: when I click on a HIT from a requester, how do I know that the work from the requester is legit?? How can I prevent from clicking on a virus or inappropriate links from requesters? Are there any programs that I can load to prevent clicking on malware or getting a virus on my computer? Also, can requesters see my real name when I am doing a HIT for them, or just my worker ID? Thanks, any info in appreciated!
Welcome! A great resource one of our admins wrote is www.mturkguide.com. I think this will answer a lot of your questions and recommend tools that will greatly improve your turking experience. We rely a lot on tools, such as TO and TV to help us avoid HITs that may be reject happy. Requesters only see your worker ID, so your personal information is not available to them. I hope this helps!