New - Member...Getting Serious

Kimberly T.

Reaction score
So I was looking around for a way to make a few bucks here and there and came across mTurk which apparently I had signed up for in the past. Who knew? I've gotten more serious about working with it yesterday and managed almost $10 for my first day. I'm looking forward to getting my numbers up and seeing about making more than maybe $2-5 an hour that's for sure. In the meantime, I'm only at 100 HITs so I have a long way to go. I find the transcription pays out the fastest and is approved almost right away so that is nice. I did some interesting work looking up old Facebook posts yesterday but finding today there isn't much more that doesn't pay more than 0.02 with batch HITs. Oh well, I've got nothing better to do today.

Cheers!

Reactions: jan and basketcasey

Achilles2357

Reaction score
If you're already past your trial period, then I'd aim to get to 1000 hits as quickly as possible, since this probably unlocks the most hits. (5000 and 10000 unlock a few more, but I think 1000 is most important.) I wouldn't do too many hits from any one requester or from new requesters until you get a better feel for it, just so you don't screw up your acceptance rate. There are a few bad requesters. But if you are getting approvals for transcription hits and like them them by all means pound them out to reach 1000. Good luck!

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Welcome! I think a lot of us signed up and we're were accepted to mturk for a while before we actually got serious about it.

Achilles2357 @Achilles2357 gave solid advice. Once you hit 1000 and then 5000 hits, a lot more opens up. Be sure to check out turkopticon for reviews on requesters, too.

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score

Schwifty

Turk'ing Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm new here as well. You're doing pretty good if you only just started and have 100 approved HITS. It's probably nothing for the veterans, but for us newbies I'd say that's good. I'm only at like 30 or so. They take forever to verify mine.