New Member from Upstate NY

HopDevvil814

Reaction score
Hello MTurk Crowd!

I just started this new adventure yesterday. It's taken some time to learn all the forums used and the scipts/extenstions needed to get rolling. So far I have MTurk Suite, Panda Crazy, and Tampermonkey. I'm still playing around trying to figure out how to use them. Any tips for a newbie would be appreciated. I think the biggest struggle right now is finding HITs that I qualify for....any tip on how to get over this hump?

-HopDevvil

Reactions: Blakkat and jan

jan

Reaction score
Hello MTurk Crowd!

I just started this new adventure yesterday. It's taken some time to learn all the forums used and the scipts/extenstions needed to get rolling. So far I have MTurk Suite, Panda Crazy, and Tampermonkey. I'm still playing around trying to figure out how to use them. Any tips for a newbie would be appreciated. I think the biggest struggle right now is finding HITs that I qualify for....any tip on how to get over this hump?

-HopDevvil
you need to get your approval rate up (lots of safe hits). Then you can take more chances on hits that don't have any reviews. So, just do as many safe hits as you can find -

Reactions: HopDevvil814

HopDevvil814

Reaction score
What would you say is a good goal to have for the number of HITs completed?

jan

Reaction score
What would you say is a good goal to have for the number of HITs completed?
You want enough HITS so that if you should get a mass rejection, (one requester rejecting all of your work) - that your approval rating stays above 98%. So, people who've been around awhile, can do a batch with a new requester - and do a ton of hits - and KNOW that even if it rejects, their approval will stay high enough that they can continue to accept more hits.

If you only have a few hundred hits, for instance, and get a 100 or more rejected - and your approval tanks below that % - you'll find it very hard to find work.

Always keep your approval above 98%.

Reactions: HopDevvil814