New HIT Monitor v2 with SMS alerts

DCI

Reaction score
Recently when mturk added the ability to have up to 100 search results displayed per page, I made a newer and fancier version of my New HIT Monitor scripts. It is a lot more user friendly than the older versions and also has more features, most notably SMS alerts.

You can find it here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/14823-new-hit-monitor-v2

It is not nearly as versatile a script as things like Turkmaster and HIT Scraper, but in my opinion it is the best script available for its specific purpose, which is notifications for known HITs and requesters.

If you used this script when I first posted it and had any problems with it, you might want to give it another try now. It had a lot of minor bugs that have been fixed since. In particular, it would load very slowly after having used the script for a while because of some poorly coded local storage.

Note: Updating this script won't kill any of your saved settings or search terms, so you do not have to avoid updates or make back ups before updating.

I will be subscribed to this thread, so if you have questions, this is a much better place to ask then the daily HITs thread. You can also ask about the older versions of HIT Monitor, but in my opinion they are completely obsolete at this point.

Last edited:

RippedWarrior

Reaction score
I have been using HIT Monitor since it first appeared, in my opinion it's one of the best tools. Thank you!

I recently switched over to FireFox for HIT Monitor, and it is not making audio alerts when matches are found. (I checked the audio file). Is this a known issue with FF, or is it just me?

Reactions: Tribune and Janya

DCI

Reaction score
I have been using HIT Monitor since it first appeared, in my opinion it's one of the best tools. Thank you!

I recently switched over to FireFox for HIT Monitor, and it is not making audio alerts when matches are found. (I checked the audio file). Is this a known issue with FF, or is it just me?
There have been a few other people that have reported sound not working in FF. As far as I know it's a FF issue and not an issue with the script though.

One person said that they had to delete their profiles to get sound working, but I don't know the exact cause of the bug.

Janya

Reaction score
So, HM has stopped working today (I have the New HIT Monitor, or so I thought, now I see there's a V2.) it has yellow bars across it in the add ons section (FF). I googled it, I am still not quite sure what it is.

So I came here, and found there is another version! I installed it, opened it up to add a requester...can't quite seem to figure out how to do that. Then I notice, hey there's a web site. So I see it's got a nice interface. Easier then editing the script all the time!

One thing I just noticed, I liked how the old HM opened into a new page when you clicked on a requester link. This version does not seem to do that.

I am not sure how to use the import function either. Without typing in all of my watched requester's from the old HM, how do I import that list?

Reactions: Tribune

DCI

Reaction score
So, HM has stopped working today (I have the New HIT Monitor, or so I thought, now I see there's a V2.) it has yellow bars across it in the add ons section (FF). I googled it, I am still not quite sure what it is.

So I came here, and found there is another version! I installed it, opened it up to add a requester...can't quite seem to figure out how to do that. Then I notice, hey there's a web site. So I see it's got a nice interface. Easier then editing the script all the time!

One thing I just noticed, I liked how the old HM opened into a new page when you clicked on a requester link. This version does not seem to do that.

I am not sure how to use the import function either. Without typing in all of my watched requester's from the old HM, how do I import that list?
The new version has that feature. You just need to set the auto launch dropdown to on. Then when it finds a search term it will automatically launch the search in a new tab. Same with requester page for requester ID searches and preview page for group ID searches. Also, the search name on the page when an alert goes off will be a link that you can click, just like the links on the log page of the old version.

There is no way to import your list from the old version of the script to the new because the new one has a separate name and search term, so there's no way to convert the old format even if I wanted to. Once you have a list in the new version it's easy to import and export though.

I'm not sure what version you're referring to that doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:

DCI

Reaction score
Fixed a bug today that would cause searches to be lost if they were paused when another search was added and the page was reloaded or lost.

edit: and applied to same fix to deleting searches.

Last edited:

Janya

Reaction score
I will try it again tonight. All I can say is...DUH on my part. I didn't notice the spoiler on the first post where you explained all of this!

Thank you!

I'm not sure what version you're referring to that doesn't work anymore.
Party Edition? Looks like it was authored by someone else. I apologize for not noticing before. It has yellow bars across it (along with a bunch of other scripts!). It started working again just after I posted this.

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Janya @Janya if you were getting these mysterious yellow bars with 'a bunch of other scripts', sounds like it doesn't have anything in particular to do with that HM version anyway... can you post a screenshot of the yellow bars?

Janya

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for asking! Can't tell you how much I appreciate the help.

It started with HM, and then the next day, I noticed there were more scripts with the bars. I have tried updating, in case they were out of date. But they are not. So....they all work though!

Last edited:

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for asking! Can't tell you how much I appreciate the help.

It started with HM, and then the next day, I noticed there were more scripts with the bars. I have tried updating, in case they were out of date. But they are not. So....they all work though!

Odd. I'm guessing your version of Greasemonkey updated itself to a newer one that now does that to (badly, unclearly) indicate something about those scripts that it doesn't like. I don't use the latest version, so I'm not sure.

Janya

Reaction score
Odd. I'm guessing your version of Greasemonkey updated itself to a newer one that now does that to (badly, unclearly) indicate something about those scripts that it doesn't like. I don't use the latest version, so I'm not sure.
Cool, thanks for the info! I really need to turn off auto update!

heeheehahaha

In and Out
Contributor
Reaction score
So, my computer updated tampermonkey and now I am getting a screen that says

A userscript wants to access a cross-origin resource

What am I supposed to do, it keeps popping up over and over

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

One of the options in that popup should be to ignore it.

DCI

Reaction score

It does that because the script uses xmlrequest to load the search page in the background from another url .It shows the destination url in the prompt, so you know it's not anything evil. You can just select to always allow and it will work normally. I'm pretty sure it only authorizes for that particular script when you do that.

Reactions: heeheehahaha

DCI

Reaction score
It should also work to use the "Always allow domain" I think, and that would only authorize requests sent to mturk.com.

heeheehahaha

In and Out
Contributor
Reaction score
It should also work to use the "Always allow domain" I think, and that would only authorize requests sent to mturk.com.
It was also preventing my HIT scraper from working also but I used the always allow option, and its all good now. Thank-you

Reactions: Tribune and DCI
D

Deleted member 526

Thanks for this script! is there a way to remove an sms recipient? I want to change it to a different sms recipient from the one I already added.

DCI

Reaction score
Thanks for this script! is there a way to remove an sms recipient? I want to change it to a different sms recipient from the one I already added.
If you add another email address it will overwrite the old one. You can also sent to multiple addresses if you want to by separating with a comma.

D

Deleted member 526

If you add another email address it will overwrite the old one. You can also sent to multiple addresses if you want to by separating with a comma.
Thanks for getting back to me so fast! first I entered my gmail email address. that just open gmail in a new tab on the compose a new message page in gmail. then I entered my ipad email address. that didn't do anything new. I was hoping to get an email instead of a text message. is there a way I change part of the code to do that? or idk if that is difficult or time consuming. either way it's great thanks!