New here: Can anyone confirm or deny this email I got?

Jeff

Reaction score
Hi - I signed up to be an MTurk worker at least 10 months ago and was denied (don't remember why). I never thought about it again for even a second until last night when I received the email shown below. Given that it's been so long since I signed up for this and that one of the first things it asks me to do is sign up for an Amazon Payments account and give my SSN, I'm a little suspicious of the email.

I know that you need an Amazon Payments account to work, but months of not hearing a word about it and then all of a sudden this all pops up makes me at least question a phishing scam. Can anybody confirm or deny whether this is legitimate?

Thanks

Reactions: kryss

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Hi - I signed up to be an MTurk worker at least 10 months ago and was denied (don't remember why). I never thought about it again for even a second until last night when I received the email shown below. Given that it's been so long since I signed up for this and that one of the first things it asks me to do is sign up for an Amazon Payments account and give my SSN, I'm a little suspicious of the email.

I know that you need an Amazon Payments account to work, but months of not hearing a word about it and then all of a sudden this all pops up makes me at least question a phishing scam. Can anybody confirm or deny whether this is legitimate?

Thanks
Welcome! It is not uncommon for people to receive an approval message after being denied months later. This looks like a legitimate email. When clicking on the links, if you'd like to be sure, just make sure that the web address shows that it is www.mturk.com. Amazon does require your SSN for tax purposes.

Reactions: ducky

Jeff

Reaction score
Ok - I did check the address and it is the one you mentioned (I've tried typing it in but the forum thinks I'm trying to spam it and won't let me put a link, so...)

Thanks!

Reactions: scrmcasey

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks real! Like scrmcasey @scrmcasey said, it's quite common for people to be denied first and then randomly accepted much later on, for reasons we don't know. You should be all good to go!

(You're not able to post links on the forum in the first few posts but once you get a couple of posts here, you will be able to.)

Reactions: scrmcasey