New here and(already) I have an issue

ThePopeOfNope

Reaction score
So I just got confirmed for my Mturk account today, however, not a minute after being accepted for mturk i got an email telling me that i was not approved for amazon payment. I am in the US. How do I go about fixing this or am I just screwed?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
So I just got confirmed for my Mturk account today, however, not a minute after being accepted for mturk i got an email telling me that i was not approved for amazon payment. I am in the US. How do I go about fixing this or am I just screwed?
Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that. Did they give you a reason why they're not approving you? Unfortunately, I'm not sure that there's anything you can do, other than try to get in contact with them and work out whatever their issue is. Often with Amazon Payments they just want certain personal information verified, or maybe they want a copy of an ID or something. The best route would probably be to just use the contact form on the AP site. If you're not getting a response from them, you may have some luck with the Jeff Bezos email (jeff@amazon.com). Unfortunately, there's little to no transparency when it comes to account matters, so there's not really much else that we can say other than, "Talk to Amazon." It's ultimately up to them.

Reactions: ThePopeOfNope

ThePopeOfNope

Reaction score
This was all the email said.
"Unfortunately we can't confirm the identity information you provided, and you are not eligible for an Amazon Payments account."

Its really annoying that they would confirm the mturk account and then not confirm the amazon pay account. Anyway, thanks for your help, Ill look at this more tomorrow.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
This was all the email said.
"Unfortunately we can't confirm the identity information you provided, and you are not eligible for an Amazon Payments account."

Its really annoying that they would confirm the mturk account and then not confirm the amazon pay account. Anyway, thanks for your help, Ill look at this more tomorrow.
Yeah, it sounds like they might just want to verify info. Hopefully, you can get in contact with someone that can help you out. Good luck!

Reactions: ThePopeOfNope

ThePopeOfNope

Reaction score
So I got in touch with someone from payments, it looks like there some weirdness going on with my taxes( I lived in a different state last year) so hopefully once I get this years taxes in and they get processed ill be able to continue. Thanks for all the help!

Lonk

Reaction score
So I got in touch with someone from payments, it looks like there some weirdness going on with my taxes( I lived in a different state last year) so hopefully once I get this years taxes in and they get processed ill be able to continue. Thanks for all the help!
How did you get into contact with them so quickly? I'm not having any luck at all.

• Thinking
Reactions: jan