• Ivy's Hideaway

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Nuka-Cola Quantum(Temporary name)

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cruxy

Reaction score
Admins, i do apologize if this isn't allowed, just delete it if it isn't. I mean no disrespect to anyone.

Some of you(all of you?) probably know by now that aside from mTurk my own source of income is making and selling candles on Etsy(and peddler malls, farmers markets, comic conventions, street corners, freeway off ramps)

We currently have 4 candles for sale..but we are adding more. I have created 4 other possibilities and i'd like to know which idea the forum likes the best. You can vote for 2 of them.

Ghostbusters inspired.
Egon's Toasted Marshmallow: Sweet(marshmallow scent) small amount of campfire smoke scent.

Aquaman inspired.
Throne of Atlantis: Tropical fruits and flowers mixed with a dash or two of musk and coconut.

Poison Ivy(from Batman) inspired.
Ivy's Hideaway: Honeysuckle, Gardenia and black currant tea.

Fallout inspired.
Nuka-Cola Quantum: Blue Raspberry with a hint of either cinnamon or black licorice.(haven't decided on a name of secondary scent yet, still playing around with it.)

Reactions: kryss and MerryLou

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score
Same as Lepi @Lepi... though, these descriptions make me wish I could find equivalent BPAL smells. :rolleyes:

Reactions: casualwarfare

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I voted for the last one because heck yes Nuka Cola Quantum candle... I would buy the heck out of that.

I'm not sure how viable it is for candle making purposes, but Quantum was supposed to taste like pomegranate. Also since the name is up in the air... you could always call it Nuka Grenade, since that was made with Quantum.

Cruxy

Reaction score
I voted for the last one because heck yes Nuka Cola Quantum candle... I would buy the heck out of that.

I'm not sure how viable it is for candle making purposes, but Quantum was supposed to taste like pomegranate. Also since the name is up in the air... you could always call it Nuka Grenade, since that was made with Quantum.
"The word "grenade" derives from the French word for a "small explosive shell". Its first use in English dates from the 1590s. It is likely derived from Old French pomegranate (influenced by Spanish granada), so called because the many-seeded fruit suggested the powder-filled, fragmenting bomb, or from similarity of shape.[1]"

I can make it smell like pomegranate. I was also thinking of using cut in half glass coca-cola bottles as the container. But im not sure how cost effective that would be.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Hahaha.... I wonder if that was 100 percent intentional on their part.

The coke bottle thing would be really cool but yeah, it might get pretty expensive. Unless you could find a contact at a bar or something where they have a lot of glass bottles that they toss out.

casualwarfare

Reaction score
They all sound great, but I'm biased towards foodie scents so I voted for the first one. Plus, with Ghostbusters hype growing for the reboot, that would likely give you a boost in sales.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the toasted marshmallow would be the most popular... Ghostbusters is pretty widely liked, and who doesn't like marshmallows? Weirdos, that's who, and you don't want weirdos to have incendiary devices.

Cruxy

Reaction score
I can't say im surprised that the toasted marshmallow one was the winner. I am surprised that Ivy's hideaway came last though, specially with spring creeping up.

So next one coming is Ghostbusters and maybe a smaller run of both aquaman and fallout ones just to see how well they do. Ivy shall be put on the shelf until maybe summer..once its tooooo hot to actually be outside and enjoy the garden lol.

Thanks a lot everyone, best community in all of turkington.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
Cruxy @Cruxy I started a thread for all things Etsy, if you want you can post a link to your shop there. I'll edit the OP to include links to everyone's shops if it gets any interest :D

Reactions: clickhappier