NEED HELP! Newbie requesters question!

crazy_ecg

Anastasia
Reaction score
Hey guys! @Mentor
Help me, please. I’m a newbie requester on Mturk.
I need to create a HIIT for the following turkers:
a) who wants to form a habit, or to rid of a habit;
b) who are the real users of one of the following apps: Fabulous, Reflectly, Productive, Streaks.

How can I create the HIIT to find the relevant turkers using Premium Qualification? Can I find the relevant users in some other ways?

I really appreciate your help. Thank you!???

Reactions: cb456

goldilox24

Reaction score
crazy_ecg @crazy_ecg @Mentor

I am wondering if anyone helped crazy_ecg @crazy_ecg with her requester questions?

I am new to MTurk. My name is Karen and I am a doctoral student at Eastern University. I am using the MTurk platform for a quantitative survey for a research study. I have received IRB approval and have begun the creation of the project as a requester but have a few questions that I am struggling with in the design. I have emailed MTurk multiple times with detailed questions, but the responses that I have received back have not actually addressed my specific questions.

For example, I have the link for my survey, and have included that, however when I hit preview I receive a message that says

"Layout does not contain any fields for Workers to provide responses. Please include at least one field (input, select, or textarea)"

How do I add this?

I have also cut and pasted the Research Participant Consent Form that the IRB approved.

Can I just add some sort of submit button that indicates agreement to move forward? How do I do this?

Can you assist me with requester project creation questions so that I may move forward with launching my survey?

Thank you,

Karen

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I saw crazy_ecg @crazy_ecg 's HITs posted and functional today. I couldn't complete one because I didn't qualify, but it looks like it was successful!

Edited; I was confused ?
I responded to your DM, goldilox24 @goldilox24, but I'm afraid I might not be much help on that one!

Last edited:

goldilox24

Reaction score
I saw crazy_ecg @crazy_ecg 's HITs posted and functional today. I couldn't complete one because I didn't qualify, but it looks like it was successful!

Edited; I was confused ?
I responded to your DM, goldilox24 @goldilox24, but I'm afraid I might not be much help on that one!
Thank you so much for your reply :)

Reactions: ducky

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
crazy_ecg @crazy_ecg @Mentor

I am wondering if anyone helped crazy_ecg @crazy_ecg with her requester questions?

I am new to MTurk. My name is Karen and I am a doctoral student at Eastern University. I am using the MTurk platform for a quantitative survey for a research study. I have received IRB approval and have begun the creation of the project as a requester but have a few questions that I am struggling with in the design. I have emailed MTurk multiple times with detailed questions, but the responses that I have received back have not actually addressed my specific questions.

For example, I have the link for my survey, and have included that, however when I hit preview I receive a message that says

"Layout does not contain any fields for Workers to provide responses. Please include at least one field (input, select, or textarea)"

How do I add this?

I have also cut and pasted the Research Participant Consent Form that the IRB approved.

Can I just add some sort of submit button that indicates agreement to move forward? How do I do this?

Can you assist me with requester project creation questions so that I may move forward with launching my survey?

Thank you,

Karen
The default survey template should already have an input field. It's where workers are usually asked to put survey completion codes or worker IDs. If it's missing from your HIT you may be able to copy the code from the default template and paste it into your HIT.

Unfortunately, this is mainly a forum for workers on MTurk. A few of us might have requester accounts, but our experience with that side is minimal. You may have better luck asking technical questions on the MTurk Requester Forums.

goldilox24

Reaction score
The default survey template should already have an input field. It's where workers are usually asked to put survey completion codes or worker IDs. If it's missing from your HIT you may be able to copy the code from the default template and paste it into your HIT.

Unfortunately, this is mainly a forum for workers on MTurk. A few of us might have requester accounts, but our experience with that side is minimal. You may have better luck asking technical questions on the MTurk Requester Forums.
Thank you!