Multiple hits same requester

Tom81

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just started Turk 2 days ago and I have a question about how do you know if you can do the same hit from a requester? I'm trying to get that 100 approved mark and there's a hit from John doe paying 3 cents a hit but not sure if I can do multiple times. The hit is seeing if YouTube content is offense. Anyway thanks!

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just started Turk 2 days ago and I have a question about how do you know if you can do the same hit from a requester? I'm trying to get that 100 approved mark and there's a hit from John doe paying 3 cents a hit but not sure if I can do multiple times. The hit is seeing if YouTube content is offense. Anyway thanks!
Yes, that is what we call a batch. I haven't done any, but I think others have said they can only do about 10 every hour, because they get a "cap", but that it resets. Anyone @Mentor that can confirm this?

Also, Welcome!!!! :party:

Reactions: <Gucci> and Jerami

Tom81

Reaction score
Yes, that is what we call a batch. I haven't done any, but I think others have said they can only do about 10 every hour, because they get a "cap", but that it resets. Anyone @Mentor that can confirm this?

Thanks for the reply and welcome Serial! The cap does suck though was hoping to go to the library tomorrow and do a ton of the batch hits. Maybe I'll find multiple batch hits though.

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

With this batch, there are many "false caps". I work them by returning the capped hit and waiting the ten minutes or so to get back in. It's kind of a process and may not be worth it but I do a lot everyday day they are up. Just keep trying and figure out what works and is worth your time. Tom81 @Tom81

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The answer to "How do you I know if I can do the same HIT from a requester?" is if the requester makes no mention of disallowing you from doing multiples, you usually can. Most requesters use the tools available to prevent retakes,(blocks, EXC quals, Mention "no retakes" in the preview or consent page). Some things that can help you to decide if you feel that you can retake, or do another HIT, from a requester. If it's in the same format but, with different data(photo, product, review, etc) it's probably a batch.(Big job of multiple similar HITS, of which you can complete as many as the requester allows(using their tools to let you know how many you can do.)) If it's exactly the same, yet there is no mention of retakes, or no blocks or exclusions, you can usually assume that the requester doesn't want your data twice.(Retake at own risk:() Another way to tell if it's a batch, check # available. If it's a ton, probably a batch.

Bottom line requesters have ways of communicating no retakes and also blocking and excluding. They usually use them. When they don't, use your best judgement, or ask around here.:)

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
With this batch, there are many "false caps". I work them by returning the capped hit and waiting the ten minutes or so to get back in. It's kind of a process and may not be worth it but I do a lot everyday day they are up. Just keep trying and figure out what work and is worth your time.
I think that I had one of these yesterday, my 5th day of probation. I was confused because I'm new and thought I'd hit my probation limit, so I just stopped for the day.

Today, day 6 of probation, I did John Doe all day with no problem up to my limit. 98 accepted and approved, and 2 returned because I took 2 breaks. 100 total. Fun learning this stuff, isn't it. :)

Achilles2357

Reaction score
I think that I had one of these yesterday, my 5th day of probation. I was confused because I'm new and thought I'd hit my probation limit, so I just stopped for the day.

Today, day 6 of probation, I did John Doe all day with no problem up to my limit. 98 accepted and approved, and 2 returned because I took 2 breaks. 100 total. Fun learning this stuff, isn't it. :)
It is a twisted sort of fun.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Actually, and quite seriously, I think that learning how to do mturk well can teach you a lot of different things on a lot of different levels. It feels twisted, but you are actually learning stuff, in my view. What's interesting to me is that there are so many different little things that can make a difference. I'm really only at a sort of middle level myself. I'm far above a novice, but far below an expert. What makes it interesting to me is that there are SO many different elements that make a difference.

Reactions: KillMoles

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, and quite seriously, I think that learning how to do mturk well can teach you a lot of different things on a lot of different levels. It feels twisted, but you are actually learning stuff, in my view. What's interesting to me is that there are so many different little things that can make a difference. I'm really only at a sort of middle level myself. I'm far above a novice, but far below an expert. What makes it interesting to me is that there are SO many different elements that make a difference.
I see it as no different than going to a corporate job that you commute to and sit in a cubicle. You need to learn the environment here just like you would there. Bonus here is that we don't have to go there! :joyful:

Achilles2357

Reaction score
I see it as no different than going to a corporate job that you commute to and sit in a cubicle. You need to learn the environment here just like you would there. Bonus here is that we don't have to go there! :joyful:
On that angle, I've just been reading "How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life" by Scott Adams (aka Dilbert creator). Not bad. Not the absolutely greatest book ever, but better than the vast majority.

Reactions: KillMoles

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
On that angle, I've just been reading "How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life" by Scott Adams (aka Dilbert creator). Not bad. Not the absolutely greatest book ever, but better than the vast majority.
I like him, and his comics explained most of my corporate life very clearly. Gary Larson and The Far Side explains the rest of my life. :joyful:

Reactions: Achilles2357

Tom81

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the responses!

shredgeek

Reaction score
Agree with the Far Side but also the Oatmeal comics are usually spot on. I have been feeling like I have been learning new things turking too.