Mturk worker scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oguy

Reaction score
So i’ll be very clear here

I belong to a third world country and dont have mturk account but i saw on a forum a guy asking americans to lend him their accounts and he will pay them abt 200$ monthly

So i sent that a message if he wants to hire workers as i am looking for some side work, i can work 8 hrs on mturk

So he told me he will pay me 200$ monthly for 8 hrs a day, i would have to manage 3 accounts

If he is paying 200$ each to mturk owners each
And 200$ me , i assume he will take 50 and give 25% me and 25
to owner

Does Mturk accounts earn that much or he will let me work and then block me off sites so he can take all i earned

Has anyone of you rented your mturk account?

P.s i know people rent accounts, they dont get banned, the question is do they earn that much for him to pay me $200 monthly and give to owner and take money himself too?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
So i’ll be very clear here

I belong to a third world country and dont have mturk account but i saw on a forum a guy asking americans to lend him their accounts and he will pay them abt 200$ monthly

So i sent that a message if he wants to hire workers as i am looking for some side work, i can work 8 hrs on mturk

So he told me he will pay me 200$ monthly for 8 hrs a day, i would have to manage 3 accounts

If he is paying 200$ each to mturk owners each
And 200$ me , i assume he will take 50 and give 25% me and 25
to owner

Does Mturk accounts earn that much or he will let me work and then block me off sites so he can take all i earned

Has anyone of you rented your mturk account?

P.s i know people rent accounts, they dont get banned, the question is do they earn that much for him to pay me $200 monthly and give to owner and take money himself too?

p.s he also said 100$ target is hit by most of his workers weekly, so for 2.5 hrs a day for 6 days is it possible?
Renting out accounts is a violation of MTurk's Participation Agreement and it's not something we allow here either. And yes, when Amazon finds out, the accounts do get banned.

Locking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.