MTurk Mentors

Charlene22

Reaction score
I just went through and did all those qual hits. I had no idea about them. I'm not using anything like panda, I do the majority of the hits on my phone, would I be able to run the program on my Android or do I need to start using my computer more?

Nitin2505

Reaction score
Hi all. My account got suspended today but I never received any sort of warning emails from MTurk regarding any Blocks by a requester or anything of that sort. Can anyone help ? Please.

shellsy515

Reaction score
@Mentor

I can no longer do my real world job due to anxiety, so I'm very focused on making money turking full-time. Right now I can make anywhere from 11 - 20 dollars a day, depending on the day, but I feel like maybe if I tweak a few things I can get a bit more. My current goal is $25 a day. I haven't really figured out a good setup for all my screens on the desktop and am not sure if my Panda settings are in the right place. I usually just leave Hit Forker open in one panel and keep an eye on it and do a HIT in the other. Right now I generally focus on grabbing any surveys that are .50 or higher and doing those as quick as I can grab them, or Panda them if I can't catch them right away. Any advice? I know I still need to go through and take some qual tests.
I've got about 4, 200 HITS, 4 rejections. On HitForker, I usually vary the search between 1 and 3, haven't quite figured that one out yet.

I was wondering if anyone could share some words of wisdom?

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
@Mentor

I can no longer do my real world job due to anxiety, so I'm very focused on making money turking full-time. Right now I can make anywhere from 11 - 20 dollars a day, depending on the day, but I feel like maybe if I tweak a few things I can get a bit more. My current goal is $25 a day. I haven't really figured out a good setup for all my screens on the desktop and am not sure if my Panda settings are in the right place. I usually just leave Hit Forker open in one panel and keep an eye on it and do a HIT in the other. Right now I generally focus on grabbing any surveys that are .50 or higher and doing those as quick as I can grab them, or Panda them if I can't catch them right away. Any advice? I know I still need to go through and take some qual tests.
I've got about 4, 200 HITS, 4 rejections. On HitForker, I usually vary the search between 1 and 3, haven't quite figured that one out yet.

this thread here is a really good resouce with basic answers for pandaing hits and whatnot

https://mturkcrowd.com/threads/mturk-guide-getting-started-on-mechanical-turk.4431/

When looking out for quals this can be helpful too

https://turkerview.com/qualifeye/

Just keep getting that hit count up with safe hits. Keep an eye on the daily for hits being shared.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
@Mentor

I use two screens. One has the forum and all of my other sites on it. I highly recommend signing up for Prolific and User Testing. They both give indicators in their tabs to alert me when new work is up. That way you don't have to worry about making all of your goal on MTurk. My other screen has my HIT Scraper and a page to work on. Hit Forker and PC are a good setup to start with.

Set you settings to get lower paying work as well. You can make great money off batches so mine is set to .01. Just be sure not to do more than you can get rejections for if it is a requester you haven't worked for before. You want to stay above 99% always to get the best work and not have to worry about your account. Take advantage of reading reviews and watching the approval rating of requesters. Batches can have a much higher hourly overall. They are harder to find at first than surveys and you definitely want to look for as many Qual HITs as you can. Always be qualing. The people who post huge PE's here have closed quals and most have been doing this for several years. Masters helps but other quals are more important.

$25/day is very doable. Keep at it and you will get there! Branch out and try new types of work. You can do this! :thumbsup:

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm here, not as much as before but I still check in.

Reactions: TSolo315

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
TSolo315 @TSolo315 indeed I am, but feel free to rip the banner away. I'm certainly not providing any use these days.

Reactions: TSolo315

Jlvgault

Reaction score
Hey there guys and gals!
This is my first time here and I could really use some help learning the ropes and figuring out how this works so am I am open to all suggestions and all suggestions criticism thanks and hope everyone's having a great night

jan

Reaction score

Starberry

Reaction score
Hi I'm always looking for help and advice, am slowly getting into the flow of things but am new. I've read some stuff and watched alot of youtube videos on it. If any mentors would like to get ahold of me they can on discord Starberry#8742 or if anyone else would like to they can too

Priyankass

Reaction score
Hi.. Im new to mturk .. I was working in panel and p9r hits only for 15days ..but 2 days before panel job makes a new updates , there is changes in hits like sub items, subtotal,tax, total. If anybody knows, how to work in panel job new changes. Please guide me. Thanks