mturk HITs page loads very slowly

CloudNine

Reaction score
Same here. WTF. It's only 10:25 ET!!

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
It started for me already too. Seems like every day is worse and more people are being affected.

Reactions: CloudNine

TurkinPigeon

Reaction score
It started for me yet again at 10:26 EST. But it only lasted 10 minutes. I was able to go back to Turk after that and it is currently working for me right now.

turks24

Reaction score
Yea it was only about 15 minutes for me.

I got an email this morning saying they had forwarded my screenshots and other info to the developers. Honestly I'm a little hesitant to push it much further. Since the problem is somehow connected to our accounts I'm worried about getting caught in the mysterious incompetence of Mturk. I don't want to end up getting suspended because they push the wrong button.

CloudNine

Reaction score
Yea it was only about 15 minutes for me.

I got an email this morning saying they had forwarded my screenshots and other info to the developers. Honestly I'm a little hesitant to push it much further. Since the problem is somehow connected to our accounts I'm worried about getting caught in the mysterious incompetence of Mturk. I don't want to end up getting suspended because they push the wrong button.
I think you'll be fine. I've been on their ass sending 3+ emails a day. Think of yourself as a hero if, er.. WHEN this gets fixed. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

turks24

Reaction score
I think you'll be fine. I've been on their ass sending 3+ emails a day. Think of yourself as a hero if, er.. WHEN this gets fixed. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:
I would have more confidence if the responses were actually from a developer or someone other than front line support.

I sent them a link to this thread. If we get in touch with someone who wants to fix the problem, it could definitely be helpful for them to interact with us here.

TurkinPigeon

Reaction score
Mine went down at around 12:50ish. Sigh, looks like its nap time for 4 hours.
Other than the timing, I noticed something else. It seems that when I run a lot of pandas, an outage occurs. Maybe my logic is flawed, but it's just something I noticed. Problem is that when I turn off all the pandas, my account still doesn't work. :(

Reactions: Matilda Jones

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
It definitely has something to do with PANDAs/scraping HITs. If I have a batch HIT up, I can keep working on that batch by accepting the next HIT, no delays. If I try to scrape or get ANYTHING off a panda link, it just hangs there.

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
How was today for everyone? I just realized I haven't hit my goal once this week. I'm about $75 under where I should be for the week.

CloudNine

Reaction score
There were still down times for me, but today was a bit better. I would say only around 3 instead of the daily 4 hours. Hope these are signs that things are improving

CloudNine

Reaction score
Noone has problems today ?

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Mine was fine this morning. Haven't been working since about 9 am though.

CloudNine

Reaction score
Started at 1:14ET for me. Sigh, was hoping it'd be fixed by this week.

Reactions: TurkinPigeon

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
I got a form response to my support email last week but one thing I noticed is they said "Mechanical Turk is designed to work in the newest versions of both Firefox and Internet Explorer." But not Chrome?

CloudNine

Reaction score
Bleh, i really don't know what else to do. Emails don't really seem to be doing anything.

Reactions: TurkinPigeon

TurkinPigeon

Reaction score
Bleh, i really don't know what else to do. Emails don't really seem to be doing anything.
I am completely fed up with this right now. Not sure if it's even worth it to stay on Turk if this if this keeps up. All I am doing is staring at a blank scraper, which just frustrates you more.