MTC Survivor Council Thread

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
This thread is already shaping up to be a classic. I don't think I've felt so many emotions all tied up into one thread. I love it. I hate it.

Looking forward to next weeks challenge.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I would like to add that this in protest. No reason why we should lose anyone. Don't punish us for being the best.
It is sad we lost someone for winning! But I guess that's the game?

Reactions: TQueen

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Alright Castaways, another week done, another challenge completed, and another elimination closer to an awesome Survivor winner banner and a handsome cash prize! It's time to reveal this week's answers and announce a team winner. We were separated by one point guys. ONE POINT. This game has been neck and neck!

Okay, so for you nosey bodies not playing that have been just dying to figure out who these people are (*cough kryss @kryssyy cough*), here's your answers!

The winner this week with a score of 11 is...

Our other team, whom did EXCEPTIONALLY WELL also, scored 10 points. We were about to have to break out all that dirty mud wrestling.

Unfortunately, it's time to do those eliminations. The rules this week for another DOUBLE elimination are...

• I need two unique names from your team that you would like to see leave the game this week.
  • I will need these names sent to me in a pm by Saturday, Feb 6 at 11:59 pm pst (daily thread change).
  • The challenge this week were submitted by MerryLou @MerryLou making her your team captain for the week. She submitted in plenty of time, so she's granted immunity.
  • If you do not send me any votes, it will count as two votes for yourself.
WARJLords...

This will leave us 9 to 7 again. So you know the drill. Time for more team shuffling!

• You will need to decide among yourselves one team member to send over to the 5ALTY's.
  • I will need this decision to be made by Saturday, Feb 6 at 11:59 pm pst (daily thread change).
  • This name will be submitted once in this thread by Lepi @Lepi , your team captain for the week.
  • If Lepi @Lepi fails to submit a name by that time, she will automatically be put on the 5ALTY's team.
Just a heads up for next week...going to have a pretty awesome challenge. You're going to need strong players to beat out the other team. It's going to be all physical grunt work next week with no MTCer voting again. So choose your teams and eliminations wisely! :nailbite:

That's it! I'll be awaiting your decisions over the weekend!

Last edited:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I think everyone should post their guesses so we can see them. Cause it amuses me.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
WARLords...

This will leave us 9 to 7 again. So you know the drill. Time for more team shuffling!
Who are the WARlords? o_O

Also, is there a reason we're doing two eliminations at a time, instead of letting the numbers dwindle naturally? Why do the teams have to have an even number?

Reactions: Jaded

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Well heck. I mean... yay, victory, but if even-ness is so important to the process, why don't both teams just eliminate 1 person every week? That's the way it works out anyway, if you keep doing double eliminations and then passing the savings on to the winning team.

Reactions: Jaded and essjay

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Well heck. I mean... yay, victory, but if even-ness is so important to the process, why don't both teams just eliminate 1 person every week? That's the way it works out anyway, if you keep doing double eliminations and then passing the savings on to the winning team.
Right. And, like, I'm not going to apologize that we keep winning because we've kind of been busting our asses to do so. But if we win, we shouldn't be penalized by losing a member.

TQueen @TQueen, is it going to continue on in this same fashion? Say we lose the next challenge and then have to vote two people off. The teams will be uneven again, so they'll have to send someone back to us? And then we're just trading members back and forth like a joint at a Dave Matthews show?

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Who are the WARlords? o_O

Also, is there a reason we're doing two eliminations at a time, instead of letting the numbers dwindle naturally? Why do the teams have to have an even number?
There's not much incentive to win, we lose someone anyway.
This is it, exactly. Like, "yay, we won! Fuck, we're still being punished for winning."
WARJLords...

I apologize for the WARLords. It was an early morning post. :coffeepc: Edited for my typo of sleepiness.

I originally made this a 16 week game. I was going to take 16, but offered to take more if there was more interest stating there were to be double eliminations to catch us up. This schedule was set up to run a game through the spring, break during summer and run a game through the fall again. I'd like to run 2 games a year.

Teams get shuffled all the time in these games. That's the nature of them, seeing as once we get to 9 players, there will not be any more team challenges. The winning team does not have to vote someone off so as they wouldn't win the prizes anymore. They just voting a team shuffle.

Again as stated originally too, this is the first game we've done like this and their might be some growing pains. If this game is run again, I will only be taking 16 players to run this as originally intended.

I want this to be fun and give people a way to socialize with others in the thread. It seems to have been a lot of fun thus far. Also, taking a few more in the first time around gave people a chance to see if they really wanted to do it. Both eliminations I have had people who wanted to step down and eliminate themselves, whether it be more involved than they wanted, getting a new job etc. If a second game is run, I think people more likely will know what they'll be getting themselves into.

The double eliminations will end after we're caught up to where we need to be in the original schedule.

I hope this resolves some questions the WARJLords might be having. I'm not here to have arguments or upset feelings. It's just a game guys, and I hope we can continue to play it without too much of a loud roar of complaints. Opinions and comments are always welcome, but let's keep any disrespect to a minimum. Not saying anyone has been, I just don't want this is get too crazy and aveline @aveline or kryss @kryssyy come shut us down. :sofa:

Last edited:

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Teams get shuffled all the time in these games. That's the nature of them, seeing as once we get to 9 players, there will not be any more team challenges. The winning team does not have to vote someone off so as they wouldn't win the prizes anymore. They just voting a team shuffle.
Right, and I get this. But in the actual game (as in, the show), there have been many times where teams kept losing and being forced to go to council until there were only one or two people left on that team. I'm not sure I understand why we have to send one person over each time we win instead of reshuffling the teams completely (which happens frequently in the form of blindly choosing new buffs to make new teams out of the old).