Mechanical Turk Suspensions and General Speculation

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Reactions: Deleted member 526

Maxzine

Reaction score
I do a lot of Amazon Requester hits, I can't get to my dashboard to see if I did those specific ones.

D

Deleted member 526

I do a lot of Amazon Requester hits, I can't get to my dashboard to see if I did those specific ones.
they were the ones where we chose if we would substitute 1 item for a different 1. there were photos and names of items. we picked yes or no or rated each item on suitability to be replace with an alternative item that was shown.

D

Deleted member 526

I'm probably going to go back to the regular daily thread now. but I will be around a lot over the next few days. you can send me pm's or tell us here if you think of anything else. I am curious about those 2 things if you know. I haven't gotten suspended but I have been trying to figure out why I got that warning email.

Reactions: <Gucci>
D

Deleted member 526

I don't think this has anything to do with VSR. I've been doing them for years. I've had Masters since 2012 and been turking since 2010.

Back in February, I noticed that everytime I emailed a requester I would get this odd "Policy TOS violation" email, it was saying that I was either using multiple accounts or I was a robot. Neither are true. I'm pretty sure I'm a human. I don't even use AHK. The only "scripts" I use are Scraper and Turkopticon. Anyway, because I got those emails after talking to requesters, I stopped emailing them. The first time I emailed one was the other day when I emailed Stone about her majority rules rejections. She was nice and reversed them. Then BOOM, another Policy violation email, only this time my account says I'm suspended.
I checked Amazon Payments, that seems to be okay. However, the money I transferred this morning at 7am never showed up. I was suspended at 10:30am.
iirc I sent a lot more emails than usual to requesters in the weeks leading up to the warning email in february. questions about the hits. always very polite.

Maxzine

Reaction score
I was always very nice with requesters as well. I always found you gained more with honey than manure. :D

And yes, I used to do those Amazon hits when they were .50 and above. I stopped doing them when they went down to .20, .10, and now .06.

D

Deleted member 526

I was always very nice with requesters as well. I always found you gained more with honey than manure. :D

And yes, I used to do those Amazon hits when they were .50 and above. I stopped doing them when they went down to .20, .10, and now .06.
did you do the amazon hits multitabbed so at least it could have seemed like a robot? or do you do the amazon hits in 1 browser tab and wait for each hit to submit and load the next one in the same tab? the email thing is a strange similarity too.

Maxzine

Reaction score
Got my account back! And it was from those spammy "review" hits reporting my times too fast. I thought I was spending too much time on them but I guess not. Most of those accounts have bad TO so I should have known better. But they never rejected or msged me so I thought I was fine. I'm just blocking them all now so that I don't click on them again when it's slow.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Got my account back! And it was from those spammy "review" hits reporting my times too fast. I thought I was spending too much time on them but I guess not. Most of those accounts have bad TO so I should have known better. But they never rejected or msged me so I thought I was fine. I'm just blocking them all now so that I don't click on them again when it's slow.
Glad you got it back so quickly!

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Yay! Glad it's fixed. MTurk told you who the requester was? They suspended you for doing a specific HIT? Which HITs/requester are you talking about?

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Added a few things. With the recent weird suspensions, there is the possibility that the reasons they will provide for your suspension will change. I will try to keep on top of this, but for now, what I have should be current.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Updated again with new info Electrolyte shared yesterday :)

Reactions: Serial Mom
D

Deleted member 526

Was it just warning?
I didn't realize I still had the email. here it is copied from my email. it's from feb 2017. my account wasn't suspended.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message From Customer Service
Hello,

We are writing because our system recently detected activity on your Amazon Mechanical Turk account that may indicate a violation of the Participation Agreement/Conditions of Use for Amazon Mechanical Turk. To review the Participation Agreement/Conditions of Use, please visit this link:

http://www.mturk.com/mturk/conditionsofuse

By registering an account with Amazon Mechanical Turk, you accepted the Participation Agreement/Conditions of Use. If we determine that activity on your account violates the Participation Agreement/Conditions of Use, you risk having your account terminated.

I have listed additional information below about account activity that may result in termination of your Amazon Mechanical Turk account.

Thank you for participating in Amazon Mechanical Turk.

Actions that can result in the termination of your account may include, but are not limited to:

* Multiple Accounts: Only one account is allowed per person. Signing up for multiple accounts or using multiple accounts simultaneously is prohibited.
* Multiple Users: Only the registered user may access an account and complete HITs for that account. More than one user accessing same account at the same time is prohibited.
* Use of Unauthorized Software: Automatic HIT completion through robots, scripts or other automated methods is not allowed; human intelligence is required for each task.

Best regards,
Thank you.
Amazon.com

Reactions: kryss

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Another day, another thread update! I added the following:
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your account. We’ve received your complaints and understand your concern regarding the closure of your Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) account. Your suspension appeal has been reviewed, and we’ve reinstated your account effective immediately. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We’ve applied a $100 credit to your MTurk Worker account to compensate for the time it took us to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your participation in MTurk. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Adam J.
Amazon Mechanical Turk

The thread needs an overhaul to be more presentable, but I don't have the time for it right now.

Reactions: jml and Jaded

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Another day, another thread update! I added the following:

The thread needs an overhaul to be more presentable, but I don't have the time for it right now.
Okay, I just went over the thread thinking of ways to make it more presentable, and I couldn't come up with anything. So if someone gets the time, can you look it over and gives me ideas on how to do the layout of the thread?

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I just went over the thread thinking of ways to make it more presentable, and I couldn't come up with anything. So if someone gets the time, can you look it over and gives me ideas on how to do the layout of the thread?
Okay, well I tried to make it a bit better. :) Removed some scary bold capital letters, a paragraph or two, and added some new things.

Reactions: jklmnop