Looking for workers to participate in survey on learning and career goals ~ 1 minute

vron79

Requester
Reaction score
Hello!

Researchers in the Tech4Good Lab at the University of California, Santa Cruz, are conducting a study to understand the learning and career goals of workers on Amazon Mechanical Turk in order to design an online environment that better supports workers' long-term career needs. We are interested in learning about challenges workers may have faced in working towards their career goals, the skills they want to gain to achieve their goals, and their experiences around learning on Amazon Mechanical Turk as they relate to their career goals. The study consists of a screening survey with demographic questions and two open-ended questions about workers' career goals and how they see their work on Amazon Mechanical Turk contributing to those goals, followed by an open-ended survey and interview to understand workers' experiences and goals more deeply.

We just published a HIT titled "Answer short survey about demographics and career goals", requester name: tech4good.ucsc, keywords: survey, demographics, multiple-choice, short answer, learning, careers for the screening survey.

Survey should take about 1 minute to complete, and pays $0.25. We'll be inviting a subset of the people who complete this survey to complete the followup survey in a few days so that we can learn more about their experiences on Amazon Mechanical Turk as they relate to learning and their long-term career goals. This is the second batch of this survey, and we expect to be running ~3 more batches after this one.

We would be extremely grateful if workers who are interested would participate in our study. The screening survey is open to anyone who hasn't completed it in a previous batch and is located in the US. We would be especially interested in having workers who consider themselves to be "full-time" workers on Amazon Mechanical Turk (or working more than 20hrs/week) complete the survey.

Thank you, and feel free to reach out with questions or comments!

vron79

Requester
Reaction score
How do I participate
Thanks for your interest! There were 20 assignments in the batch I posted and by the time you replied they had all been done so you might not have been able to find it. However, I am going to post another batch with another 20 assignments in 1 hour (and I'll also reply to this thread to announce that it has been posted. After that there will be another 2 batches of 20 assignments each, and I'll also announce when they are posted by replying to this thread.

Once I post the next batch, to participate just look for a HIT titled "Answer short survey about demographics and career goals", requester name: tech4good.ucsc, keywords: survey, demographics, multiple-choice, short answer, learning, careers. It's open to anyone in the US who hasn't already completed the survey.

Thanks again!

vron79

Requester
Reaction score
Just posted another batch of 20

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Are you posting anymore?