Kerek Tag Thread

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
There's literally nothing else to call, though. You just run out bombs and out of circles. Should have people automarked with bombs and symbols on the ground for where they go.

Everyone else should shut up so robot people can communicate.
I guess a reminder not to move first out of the circle during transition if you're still big, to wait for the shrunk people to move first can be helpful. But everything else should be automatic.

Reactions: aveline

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
There's literally nothing else to call, though. You just run out bombs and out of circles. Should have people automarked with bombs and symbols on the ground for where they go.

That fight must be an absolute nightmare to pug.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That fight must be an absolute nightmare to pug.
That said it took four different pugs just to kill normal Conclave a couple weeks ago. If nothing else, being in a mythic guild is nice so you don't have to prog normal and only a little in heroic the first week.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah, I did go in once and that was fine. It's more just about constantly having so many people yelling about shapes and colors while others are trying to call out mechanics and stuff. Having so many people talking over each other while I'm trying to do my thing can be very distracting for me and it tends to make me really anxious. Like ridiculously so. Unfortunately, it's not really a fight where I can just mute people like I normally would, so I'll just have to adjust I guess.
That said it took four different pugs just to kill normal Conclave a couple weeks ago. If nothing else, being in a mythic guild is nice so you don't have to prog normal and only a little in heroic the first week.
Ironically you might actually be better off raiding in a mid tier mythic guild like mine just because your responsibilities are clear and you are discouraged from talking during the fight unless it's important. A healing officer assigns cooldowns and you just run the fight script over and over until you kill the boss. After a couple attempts (when you aren't expected to have killed the boss) you'll have things down and be comfortable in the fight for the most part.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ironically you might actually be better off raiding in a mid tier mythic guild like mine just because your responsibilities are clear and you are discouraged from talking during the fight unless it's important. A healing officer assigns cooldowns and you just run the fight script over and over until you kill the boss. After a couple attempts (when you aren't expected to have killed the boss) you'll have things down and be comfortable in the fight for the most part.
You just have to deal with the toxic DK :shifty:

Luckily he is focused on bullying the tank that wasn't there the last two days this week.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This Frozen shit seems really forced. Never seen the movie but they're just using this as a way to push the songs into the game, instead of using the world as a platform to tell a story and have some battles like the usual way they do it. Just do what they did with Nightmare Before Christmas in the first game, which was amazing. Never seen Tangled either but that world was better, it just looked like it was missing one scene to explain the growth of their relationship. Toy Story was good enough, Monsters Inc. was a little repetitive.

Last edited:

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This Frozen shit seems really forced. Never seen the movie but they're just using this as a way to push the songs into the game, instead of using the world as a platform to tell a story and have some battles like the usual way they do it. Just do what they did with Nightmare Before Christmas in the first game, which was amazing. Never seen Tangled either but that world was better, it just looked like it was missing one scene to explain the growth of their relationship. Toy Story was good enough, Monsters Inc. was a little repetitive.
:smow: :redpandabat:

Last edited:

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This game is kind of a slog. Not feeling it like I hoped I would. Also they don't know how time chambers work, if Kairi is really doing her training in a world where time doesn't matter then she would emerge instantly.

I don't understand how you go from this

to this nonsense.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Console games just don't seem worth it. I can read a book and enjoy it just as much, or more, since a mediocre books is better than a mediocre game. I'm not even sure there's a game on the modern platforms that's worth playing.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Console games just don't seem worth it. I can read a book and enjoy it just as much, or more, since a mediocre books is better than a mediocre game. I'm not even sure there's a game on the modern platforms that's worth playing.
Maybe the Zelda games, but I haven't played one since...Twilight Princess on GameCube?

aveline

fun sucker
Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

Yeah, for some reason we have like 2 people that just feel like every ability needs to be called out every time. I don't know why. It's not like it's hard to see a giant brown circle on the ground that you need to move out of, or that he's pointing a giant gun at your face.

And we do that with the bombs, too. Everyone has set places to go.

Reactions: Kerek

aveline

fun sucker
Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I'm in a mythic guild. But when we merged with them, rather than picking the best raiders for a single mythic raid group, they decided to try to maintain 2 mythic raid groups for some reason. This let to my group getting a lot of "tryout" people and we've had this revolving door of crap healers since we started the tier. It has slowed our progress considerably. We haven't cleared heroic yet and we've only done one boss on mythic. We tried a couple new healers last night that turned out to be pretty good IMO, so we were finally able to progress a bit. I just hope those healers don't turn out to be shit people and get themselves gkicked like the last two.

But yeah, it's weird. I think if we just combined the 2 groups into 1 decent mythic group instead of running 2 mediocre groups, none of this ever would have been an issue. I'm not sure why they seem intent on doing it that way suddenly (they weren't doing it before.) To be honest, I kinda just want to go back and only play with my Alliance guild, that struggles with normal and will only ever see a few bosses on heroic. Raids are a shit show with them, but at least they're fun to hang out with.

aveline

fun sucker
Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I think of console games as being sorta in the same category as watching TV. They're great if you want to sit on your couch and just turn your brain off for a bit. I still like to play some from time to time because I think they can be relaxing in that way. I agree that books are better though. They cost a fraction of what console games cost and, unlike console games, I actually finish them.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm in a mythic guild. But when we merged with them, rather than picking the best raiders for a single mythic raid group, they decided to try to maintain 2 mythic raid groups for some reason. This let to my group getting a lot of "tryout" people and we've had this revolving door of crap healers since we started the tier. It has slowed our progress considerably. We haven't cleared heroic yet and we've only done one boss on mythic. We tried a couple new healers last night that turned out to be pretty good IMO, so we were finally able to progress a bit. I just hope those healers don't turn out to be shit people and get themselves gkicked like the last two.

But yeah, it's weird. I think if we just combined the 2 groups into 1 decent mythic group instead of running 2 mediocre groups, none of this ever would have been an issue. I'm not sure why they seem intent on doing it that way suddenly (they weren't doing it before.) To be honest, I kinda just want to go back and only play with my Alliance guild, that struggles with normal and will only ever see a few bosses on heroic. Raids are a shit show with them, but at least they're fun to hang out with.
Trying to run two raid teams at the same time sounds like some Horde shit. They'd be better off having the best players in the main team then running one night a week Mythic with like 8 main raider alts and 12 people from the second team.