Kerek Tag Thread

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I should probably work out a way to :jekjek: a HIT easily since they changed the way that works and it's not just refreshing a URL.
Redirects :shifty:

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think the framework of distributions helps with understanding or solving those moral "lifeboat" scenarios as well. Like you'll kill a guy for water in a desert but not in your living room, because the desert is a several standard deviations away from normal situation whereas your living room is not.
This is also related to the seeing the future stuff, about probabilities of outcomes rather than distinct fates, best exemplified in Dune. Really liked the way it was talked about there.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This is also related to the seeing the future stuff, about probabilities of outcomes rather than distinct fates, best exemplified in Dune. Really liked the way it was talked about there.

Reactions: Jaded

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think the framework of distributions helps with understanding or solving those moral "lifeboat" scenarios as well. Like you'll kill a guy for water in a desert but not in your living room, because the desert is a several standard deviations away from normal situation whereas your living room is not.
In a desert, or for dessert :hungry:

aveline

fun sucker
Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Kerek @Kerek are you aware of any addons or weakauras that auto-whisper or auto-announce the Mekkatorque robot button thingies?

Reactions: Jaded and Kerek

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Kerek @Kerek are you aware of any addons or weakauras that auto-whisper or auto-announce the Mekkatorque robot button thingies?
Nope. We have the tank (first one is always tank plus two people I think) call the others then they call for the tank before they leave. Then whoever isn't an idiot calls the next one, then during transition you send in pure dps (no healers or hybrids who can stay out and heal) and tanks.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Nope. We have the tank (first one is always tank plus two people I think) call the others then they call for the tank before they leave. Then whoever isn't an idiot calls the next one, then during transition you send in pure dps (no healers or hybrids who can stay out and heal) and tanks.
The shot-caller just identifies one person's name, calls their name and symbol, then says "other purple," etc.

Reactions: aveline

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
In pairs during the transition I think, since there's a lot of time and not that many bots, but you could still do trios, not sure what we do. I've been in like one bot after the two d/cs the first night of raid.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
In pairs during the transition I think, since there's a lot of time and not that many bots, but you could still do trios, not sure what we do. I've been in like one bot after the two d/cs the first night of raid.
Then after the transition you do it one more time and ignore the final one I think.

aveline

fun sucker
Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I've actually never done this fight, but I don't have a working mic right now, so I'm just worried that I'm going to get stuck in one and won't know what to do.

Reactions: Kerek

aveline

fun sucker
Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I've actually never done this fight, but I don't have a working mic right now, so I'm just worried that I'm going to get stuck in one and won't know what to do.
Constantly having so many people talking through the whole thing at the same time while everything is going on, it's not a good fight at all for my anxiety.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Constantly having so many people talking through the whole thing at the same time while everything is going on, it's not a good fight at all for my anxiety.
That's what our tank says about every fight.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I didn't have to say anything when I went in, since the caller called me and the other person with me called the caller's, so as long as too many people aren't mic-less you should be fine.

aveline

fun sucker
Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I didn't have to say anything when I went in, since the caller called me and the other person with me called the caller's, so as long as too many people aren't mic-less you should be fine.
Yeah, I did go in once and that was fine. It's more just about constantly having so many people yelling about shapes and colors while others are trying to call out mechanics and stuff. Having so many people talking over each other while I'm trying to do my thing can be very distracting for me and it tends to make me really anxious. Like ridiculously so. Unfortunately, it's not really a fight where I can just mute people like I normally would, so I'll just have to adjust I guess.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah, I did go in once and that was fine. It's more just about constantly having so many people yelling about shapes and colors while others are trying to call out mechanics and stuff. Having so many people talking over each other while I'm trying to do my thing can be very distracting for me and it tends to make me really anxious. Like ridiculously so. Unfortunately, it's not really a fight where I can just mute people like I normally would, so I'll just have to adjust I guess.
There's literally nothing else to call, though. You just run out bombs and out of circles. Should have people automarked with bombs and symbols on the ground for where they go.

Everyone else should shut up so robot people can communicate.