Jaded's Warcraft Complaints Thread

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
This isn't a complaint, but does anyone use a nice UI? I haven't had one in a long time and wanted one but I have no idea what to look for or where >.>

I'm using bartender and just have all the bars down at the bottom
All my friends talk about elvUI like it's the tits, so probably give that a shot if you're looking to really get into it.

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
All my friends talk about elvUI like it's the tits, so probably give that a shot if you're looking to really get into it.
Oh, thanks! I'll look at that one!

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
SquishyFluffkin @SquishyFluffkin You can also make that amount of gold pretty fast if you have an average geared level 100. Probably in a day or two then you can do whatever else you need to do.

I'd look at these youtube channels. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-5YBN_6UB-127aOc24K0zQ

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaykbCbJyZPwMohLQaVoFcA/videos

The issue is that with legion they are nerfing gold farming in older dungeons, but transmog items still sell for a ton so you can make up for the raw gold loss by auction housing items.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I use shadow unit frames, for party and raid groups, and bartender
I'll look at that one too.

I found SpartanUI it looks pretty nice. I tried the GW2 one but the bars were off center and it bothered me way too much.

Eetha

cuter than you
Contributor
Reaction score
I keep hearing "oh resto shamans are op in legion" yes but right now during prepatch hurts. I am not used to sucking so much w_w

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, no clue WHAT SO EVER what you guys are talkingn about, but I am playing WOW now. Level 1 undead warrior. YEAH haha

Trying to figure out the controls...

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
So good at this game. Level 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:whistle:

I'll play more tomorrow. So far i dig it. Only gripe is the camera/camera angles are meh.

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
I resubbed. My goal is to fill my coffers up so that I can buy anything and everything when Legion comes out.

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
Any tips for a TOTAL noob? Or is it best to just go through it and experience it? I only played a couple missions but really enjoyed it compared to the other MMORPG's i've tried.

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
Any tips for a TOTAL noob? Or is it best to just go through it and experience it? I only played a couple missions but really enjoyed it compared to the other MMORPG's i've tried.
I think the best thing to do is to play just for enjoyment. If someone gets salty at you don't worry about it. As you progress you may want to look up information see more of the depth playing certain classes contain. Luckily for you I've played a warrior for years so if you have questions I can probably answer them.

If you ever want information about your class/playstyle check out http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/ It's a good website for information how to play certain styles effectively. There are better things to look at but this is a good "basics" website.

I want to make it clear though that its more important to have fun instead of stress on that stuff until you are ready for it, depending on how you play games. I've played WoW since release and I've done everything, if I could experience the game again for the first time I wish I could. Enjoy what you are doing you only get to do it once.

Tip wise I would free up your keyboard for extra hotkeys. I only move with W for forward and A S are set to strafing. The rest of my movement is on my mouse for camera flips. You may find a better set up for you personally but less is more most of the time. Don't keyboard turn, its a bad habit. Don't click abilities, make sure to assign it to a hotkey. Save your gold, often its not worth investing in an upgrade at the auction house because you level so fast.

If you have questions I can answer them as I'm sure everyone else can in this thread. It's hard to think of tips tbh because I'm not sure what you are curious about.

Edit: Also I saw this online and I laughed really hard.

Last edited:

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is to play just for enjoyment. If someone gets salty at you don't worry about it. As you progress you may want to look up information see more of the depth playing certain classes contain. Luckily for you I've played a warrior for years so if you have questions I can probably answer them.

If you ever want information about your class/playstyle check out http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/ It's a good website for information how to play certain styles effectively. There are better things to look at but this is a good "basics" website.

I want to make it clear though that its more important to have fun instead of stress on that stuff until you are ready for it, depending on how you play games. I've played WoW since release and I've done everything, if I could experience the game again for the first time I wish I could. Enjoy what you are doing you only get to do it once.

Tip wise I would free up your keyboard for extra hotkeys. I only move with W for forward and A S are set to strafing. The rest of my movement is on my mouse for camera flips. You may find a better set up for you personally but less is more most of the time. Don't keyboard turn, its a bad habit. Don't click abilities, make sure to assign it to a hotkey. Save your gold, often its not worth investing in an upgrade at the auction house because you level so fast.

If you have questions I can answer them as I'm sure everyone else can in this thread. It's hard to think of tips tbh because I'm not sure what you are curious about.

Edit: Also I saw this online and I laughed really hard.

Thank you! I'm trying to set up my mouse for movement, but I can't bind my left/right clicks. I read you need a 3rd party script of sorts. Do you guys recommend a certain one?

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm trying to set up my mouse for movement, but I can't bind my left/right clicks. I read you need a 3rd party script of sorts. Do you guys recommend a certain one?
I use my mouse for movement sometimes and its the default settings. Depends I guess on what buttons you are talking about? Should be possible just under keybinds and movement keys.

For example I can hold left and right and I move forward while also being capable of moving the camera.

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
I use my mouse for movement sometimes and its the default settings. Depends I guess on what buttons you are talking about? Should be possible just under keybinds and movement keys.

For example I can hold left and right and I move forward while also being capable of moving the camera.
Oh that does work. haha thanks

Reactions: Hotlamp

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
I keep hearing "oh resto shamans are op in legion" yes but right now during prepatch hurts. I am not used to sucking so much w_w
Might just be a gear level thing too! I've been healing some heroic HFC and there's a resto shaman basically always carrying the healing. Tbh healing is just in a weird spot right now, I think the healing specs aren't really reliant on artifacts but they're gonna be a huge bonus that makes it feel rough for now.

Holy paladin feels really good, and I really like my holy priest minus the fact that it's super awkward to play. Still fun af tho.

FRSMichael

Just HIT it, HIT it.
Reaction score
Might just be a gear level thing too! I've been healing some heroic HFC and there's a resto shaman basically always carrying the healing. Tbh healing is just in a weird spot right now, I think the healing specs aren't really reliant on artifacts but they're gonna be a huge bonus that makes it feel rough for now.

Holy paladin feels really good, and I really like my holy priest minus the fact that it's super awkward to play. Still fun af tho.
Are you on Alliance or Horde? I find healing quite easy. Always have. I'd give the latest updates a shot in a dungeon if you want some time. I usually play late at night if I ever do log in.

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
Are you on Alliance or Horde? I find healing quite easy. Always have. I'd give the latest updates a shot in a dungeon if you want some time. I usually play late at night if I ever do log in.
Horde, I'm not personally having too much issue with healing aside from adjusting to new masteries and figuring out talents.

FRSMichael

Just HIT it, HIT it.
Reaction score
Horde, I'm not personally having too much issue with healing aside from adjusting to new masteries and figuring out talents.
I've logged in 3x since the Legion patch update and I have not updated my talents since they were reset.