I'm Confuse with MTurk

Vardam

Reaction score
Hello good day, afternoon, night, this is my first time enter to the MTURK CROWD and I'm sorry at the begining if I don't post this on the rigth place, the question I'm going to talk have a little context , when I complete the register to created a new account I recieved a Mail told me.
Unable to extend an invitation at this time
To effectively maintain and administer the Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) marketplace, we are not always in a position to extend an invitation to complete tasks and earn rewards to every newly registered Worker. Should conditions change in the future, we will notify you with an invitation.

Thank you for your interest in working on MTurk.

I understand I can't enter because I'm outside of US, so I was curiosity i enter to the account and I found it's not block, I click on HIts to see and found all the jobs, but mostly are red and few are white. I click on 1 of them and I can make the job.

This Discovery I started to get confused about this and I don't know what to do. I need someone know what is this.

Reactions: juliecrystal

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone mentioning that, but I would imagine that you won't be paid for any work you do.

MTurk is open to people outside of the US, but they don't always accept every person that applies right away (even people in the US often receive the same message that you received.) They may send you an invitation at a later time or you may need to apply again (I'm not sure how that works), but I would definitely not try to work on anything until your account has been approved, just in case it gets you into trouble.

juliecrystal

Reaction score
I know this is unrelated, but it looks like you've been doing mturk for a while now. How much do u earn per day of doing hits? also do u have tips on how to improve and get high paying hits (in the UK)?

jan

Reaction score
I know this is unrelated, but it looks like you've been doing mturk for a while now. How much do u earn per day of doing hits? also do u have tips on how to improve and get high paying hits (in the UK)?
The very first post includes a link to a guide for using mturk. Check that out :)
https://mturkcrowd.com/threads/mturk-guide-getting-started-on-mechanical-turk.4431/

People vary in what they earn. Many people earn less today than previously - but I'd say the range is from about 20-100 day. Those that earn more have good qualifications (and are always on the hunt for more).