If I can give you one piece of advice to make more money, this is it...

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
PSA for Newcomers and lurkers...

Hey guys.:) A little tip, for all of the new members I see. Obviously, AMT is all about catching HITs. If you don't catch them, you can't work them That said, any way you can increase your chances to catch HITs, you also increase you chance of increasing your Projected Earnings. Most ways of finding HITs will ping AMT and can cause more PRE's(page request errors). So, the goal would be to find HITs, quickly, without polling AMT. The most effective way to do this is by becoming a contributor here. The contributor perks include 3/4 things to help us achieve this goal; Live update, Post jump, and New HIT Sound.

With all of these things, your forum page will update automatically and you will see the HITs we post as quickly as possible. The forum will then jump to that newest post. Then, if you aren't looking, it will 'ding' to let you know a HIT posted. The fourth thing is "HITs Only". You could click that one and then the forum would show only HITs within 2 seconds of post, with an audible alert. All without pinging AMT. Plus, most of the HITs posted have, usually, been "vetted" by the HIT Poster.

When I first started doing this seriously, I doubled my income from $15 to $30. For the price of admission(whatever you think is fair) you get all of this, plus you get to look at my smiling face. What more could you want? So, if you want to make more money, today, that's the best piece of advice I can give you.

I may have a "Mentor" tag by my name but, I don't work here. But, I do love this place like a second home and would love to help all of you make more money. If you need help contributing, let me know. I can almost guarantee it will pay for itself in a day. You won't have buyer's remorse.

Good luck.:)

BocaCylon

Contributor
Reaction score
I like this idea (both the donating and the alerts). I think I need some really simplistic help to get the most out of the alerts with my current setup, if you don't mind a question or two.

Let's say I have a desktop HP which I run day in and day out using Windows 10 and Mozila Firefox, happy enough with it and about to upgrade to a better newer HP because we got a great deal. The HP apparently won't support a second monitor though. Is it better to A) open the MTC forum in a new tab within the Firefox window, or B) bring my Samsung tablet running Chrome by the side of the desk and keep the forum open via Chrome and view the alerts that way? I'm unsure if I need Chrome for the alerts or an extension, i'm a little lost on that, definitely not a tech expert. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I realize I need to donate first anyway before the alerts are available.

Reactions: Jerami

BocaCylon

Contributor
Reaction score
I think I answered a big piece of my own question in looking at Thread Tools I see alert options I can check there, thank you to the person who mentioned the Thread Tools earlier, I'm still getting used to the forum setup. It's so much easier than I imagined, if only the rest of my life worked out like that I'd be on Easy Street :LOL:

Reactions: Jerami and jan

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think I answered a big piece of my own question in looking at Thread Tools I see alert options I can check there, thank you to the person who mentioned the Thread Tools earlier, I'm still getting used to the forum setup. It's so much easier than I imagined, if only the rest of my life worked out like that I'd be on Easy Street :LOL:
Hey, great job donating. Sorry, I was forcing myself to take a couple days off. I always forget to take time for me, lol. I'm not sure which would be better for you, honestly. I use multiple PC's and monitors because I prefer it. Some people love lots of tabs. More than 5 bothers me, lol. What I would suggest is, find what works for you then, every now and then(slow Sundays) maybe try to add the chromebook. I personally use a laptop w/a second monitor and a second pc, totaling 3 monitors. Let me know if I can help.:)

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
This really does help a lot. I boosted my money when I got the perks too. It really does help.

Reactions: Jerami