Ibotta app

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
I just started using the Ibotta app not too long ago and have cashed out once and halfway to another cashout ($20). Most turkers have probably done some receipt compare work for this app.

Basically, Ibotta is a rebate app. Here is my affiliate link https://ibotta.com/r/vporjbc
You should get a $10 credit if you are a new sign up and after you claim and verify your first rebate.

In the app are major grocery stores and even big box stores like BestBuy. Under each store is a list of available rebates on groceries, like $0.75 back on Kashi cereal is one I have been using a lot. You claim the rebate, shop, and then upload a picture of your receipt. It gets approved usually pretty fast.

What I really like is there are always rebates for generic things like OJ, milk, bread, a dozen eggs. So if you are shopping for a family, it can add up.

At $20 you can transfer your earnings to Paypal, or save $25 for gift cards.
Here is a screenshot of my first transfer.

Reactions: The Bad Ash and jan

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
I just started using the Ibotta app not too long ago and have cashed out once and halfway to another cashout ($20). Most turkers have probably done some receipt compare work for this app.

Basically, Ibotta is a rebate app. Here is my affiliate link https://ibotta.com/r/vporjbc
You should get a $10 credit if you are a new sign up and after you claim and verify your first rebate.

In the app are major grocery stores and even big box stores like BestBuy. Under each store is a list of available rebates on groceries, like $0.75 back on Kashi cereal is one I have been using a lot. You claim the rebate, shop, and then upload a picture of your receipt. It gets approved usually pretty fast.

What I really like is there are always rebates for generic things like OJ, milk, bread, a dozen eggs. So if you are shopping for a family, it can add up.

At $20 you can transfer your earnings to Paypal, or save $25 for gift cards.
Here is a screenshot of my first transfer.

I also use receipt hog, since you can put in ANY receipt, it just doesn't pay well. Checkout 51 is very similar but it doesn't restrict your purchases to certain stores (double dip baby!) There's also shopkick but that ones a little more intensive, scanning items and making sure you have the app open when you enter the store.

I used to be pretty crazy about coupons and rebates, but I've toned it down quite a bit haha.

Reactions: Type2Work

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
I also use receipt hog, since you can put in ANY receipt, it just doesn't pay well. Checkout 51 is very similar but it doesn't restrict your purchases to certain stores (double dip baby!) There's also shopkick but that ones a little more intensive, scanning items and making sure you have the app open when you enter the store.

I used to be pretty crazy about coupons and rebates, but I've toned it down quite a bit haha.
Awesome, I will check those out too. It is great when you can stack a sale, coupon and app rebate.

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
Almost up to $45 earned with this app. Just wanted to update that if you transfer to PayPal, there aren't any fees with the payment.

FRSMichael

Just HIT it, HIT it.
Reaction score
I will have to try out Ibotta. I currently scan my receipts on Receipt Hog and Receipt Pal so a third option would be good. I should create a YouTube video on the various ways that I earn money on my smartphone which as of right now is 7 different apps, most being done passively.

FRSMichael

Just HIT it, HIT it.
Reaction score
So I have been using Ibotta for a month now and it's not bad. Hate having to look at the app every time to search for items I'm buying to see if it is on there but it's free money anyways. I noticed that you can have teams in this app and earn extra money. Does anyone want to help build a team?

If you don't have Ibotta yet and want to try it out, use my referral link and it should add you to the team I'm in. All of our rebates works towards a team bonus earnings and resets monthly. Neat little way for more extra cash.

https://ibotta.com/r/pjkjguh