I may rant/vent here. If anyone wants to join in, feel free.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Read what you wrote and I see no problem with it. As what I call a "super minority", since I am none of what I call the big 3 races and a woman, I have seen lots of what I called backhanded racism. I have taught my children, we are part Hawaiian, that no one is giving us our Island back, nobody alive today was involved in taking the Island, and I don't want to live by an active volcano anyways. I tell them move forward, not backwards. Have a good night and I am glad you were able to express your feelings.

• Love
Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
See above

Last edited:

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Just wanted to vent for a second and didn't really want to put it on twitter, as much as I feel it belongs there at this moment in history.
I don't like the world we live in where I have to be afraid to say anything that may be unpopular but, here goes...

I'm not trying to compare struggles at all and everyone has a right to their opinion but, I'm getting pretty tired of being vilified for just being a white male. I didn't have a choice in the matter, much like everyone else who feels that they are being judged by the color of their skin, rather than the content of their character.

If you say things like, "White men are X(the problem, in this case)," you're not doing anything different than the discriminating bastards that ARE the problem.

If I said, "Black women are X," obviously, I'd be a racist bigot. These sentences are both wrong for the same reasons.
I'm not getting into, "statistically, white men ARE the problem" because that's the definition of prejudice. Just because a percentage, no matter how large, does fall into a preconceived stereotype, if you apply that stereotype across an entire group of people, you are prejudging them.

Just because you didn't say, ALL white men, doesn't make it better. Because, I guarantee that we can find poc that are part of the problem, as well as women who, for some reason, don't seem to stand for women's rights. Maybe historically it has been ALL white men. Not exactly sure on that point but, in 2019, a percentage of us are different. Not sure how many and I know it's not enough.
I will ALWAYS stand up for any marginalized group, some of which I consider myself a member. If there's anything more I can do, I'm happy to discuss it. But, for the average Joe, it's hard to change their mind or ask them to continue to be an ally, if they feel you don't like them due to race or gender or reciprocate the respect that they give you with the statement, "for a white guy."(i.e. He's really nice, for a white guy.)

Also, I don't mean this to be offensive to anyone. So, if I've somehow offended someone with this, no need to report it. Just let me know and I'll edit the whole thing out. All I ask is that you explain how I've offended you so that I can understand better and not do it again. I'm not one of those Red Pill people who thinks that this is some big conspiracy against white men. I just think that some people haven't taken the time to think about what they are saying and comparing it to the sorts of things to which they take offense. And, to restate, I know that a majority of the issues may be caused by white men. I won't argue with that. Also, I'm not standing up for all white men and saying that they're all good people. They aren't. Nor is any other group of people completely benevolent and without fault.

White men who are the problem are fair game. I'm not defending any of them.
disliking white males is a popular thing to do in 2019.
now some white males ARE trash.
just like there's some trash in every race, gender, etc
i agree that a person should be based off their character first and foremost

society is just a mess right now. herd mentality everywhere.
will it get better?
i don't know. i don't know...

Reactions: C to the J

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I guess I just have trouble with blanket statements of any type, about any group of people because they are all at varying degrees of being wrong. Even if it's just 1% of the time. The addition of a simple qualifier such as most or even almost every would be better, imo. Then it leaves the possibility for exception, not that I need to be it but, someone must be. Right? Idk. I'm regularly confused, I will admit.

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I wrote up this really long response, but I ended up deleting it all because honestly, I don't think this is a discussion that really needs to be happening on this forum. It's just too charged and complex of an issue for here, IMO. I'm not going to lock this right away, but I would encourage you all to take this discussion elsewhere.