I Made This! (crafty things)

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
A two sided quilt I made for my daughter using some of the fabric I got from my grandmother. She taught me how to sew and had made quilts for all of her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She passed a few months before I got pregnant and I 'inherited' some of her fabric. (The colors match irl it's just the pictures that are funny) This is 'crib' size.

And a quilt top (in all it's wrinkly glory) I finished this weekend that I'm naming 'Pink Lemonade'. This will be a bit smaller than 'full' size when finished.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Not a craft per se, but I like to make skin and hair care for my family. Almost out of my shea blend so I'm making more of that tomorrow. I want to get into soap making soon.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I just finished this (the afghan, not the kid...I completed making him 12 years ago).

This is shipping off to Ohio to a friend of mine who saw the one I made for me in one of my Facebook pics and asked me if I would make one for her, too.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Wow, tricker @tricker! That looks so cozy!

I've tried so many times to crochet myself a nice big blankie.. I just can't seem to get past the first dozen or so rows.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, tricker @tricker! That looks so cozy!

I've tried so many times to crochet myself a nice big blankie.. I just can't seem to get past the first dozen or so rows.
If you like to crochet this pattern is easy (I made it up) and I crocheted this in less than a month...with me working full time M-F and turking on spare time. It does take a lot of yarn, tho. You can crochet up a skein in like 45 mins.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Knit picks has a great contest - enter on their facebook account: (winners get a 500 gift certificate or 100 gift certificate)

https://www.facebook.com/knitpicks/
Woo! Entered~ My grandma knits a TON and this would be an awesome gift for her as she's on a fixed income :D Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out and jan

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
A few of y'all know that I am a yarn person...knit/spin/crochet/weave...I'm trying to spin more and here's some recent yarn FOs. BFL is probably my favorite type of sheepswool.

Next up is dyeing some more fiber for an upcoming show (and to make a few more semisolids).

jan

Reaction score
A few of y'all know that I am a yarn person...knit/spin/crochet/weave...I'm trying to spin more and here's some recent yarn FOs. BFL is probably my favorite type of sheepswool.

Next up is dyeing some more fiber for an upcoming show (and to make a few more semisolids).
Oh, how pretty. I love them.

I took a spinning class a few years ago, with first-time-hand-spinning-predictable results (though I thought that if I dyed it and knitted it up into a scarf it might be fun :wink:. Of course, first I need to learn to dye, too. I have some old wool that I found at a yard sale that I wanted to try with some kool aid :).

Last edited:

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score

I love that the brown is also almost purple. X_X Actually, I love all of them. I dream of learning down to spin and dye yarn. And, unrelatedly, weave. Yarn arts. *gimme hands*

Speaking of yarn, Michael's has a sale this week.. I bought some Peaches & Cream at $0.97 to make some washcloths for my future niece to go with the blanket I'm working on... and also to just fuck around with for myself. And a couple skeins of Red Heart Boutique because I want to make myself a Virus shawl eventually.

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone do Photoshop stuff. I do some myself but don't have it installed and I need a new banner for my Etsy shop. I'd be willing to pay for your time.

Reactions: MerryLou