I Made This! (crafty things)

Binxybaby

Reaction score
They're beautiful. What are those multi-colored materials? Some kind of plastic?

I hang out a lot on Ravelry as Katzknitter. You can catch me there.
Thats what we sell, they're kind of like plastic. They're really pretty, and those are just scraps that we cant use otherwise. I want to try to make stuff with it too, still thinking of what I can do lol

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
TinaBanina @LoveMuppet not sure if you'd be interested or if you've seen it before, but I found these and thought they'd be your kinda thing? I have no idea if those are the patterns at the bottom, but it's a bunch of gobbledegook I don't understand so it might be.
https://clubcrochet.com/crocheted-triceratops/

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Ok. I didn't make this. It's the exceptional work of TinaBanina @LoveMuppet

His name is Roger. Not original I know, but I thought it only fair to name him after the guy who had the idea for the flying pig in the first place.

He was excited to see me.

He's already making friends.

He has a detachable penis.

Those are peanuts, not poop.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

His name is Roger. Not original I know, but I thought it only fair to name him after the guy who had the idea for the flying pig in the first place.

omg that's hilarious why does he have a penis?!

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

I have never made peanuts before and they came out a lot bigger than I expected. lol.

jan

Reaction score
At about 41 minutes, there is an interview with Åsa Tricosa, Swedish designer and creator of the Ziggurat method of top-down sweater construction. It's REALLY interesting (also I'm a fan of the podcast in general. So well done!)

Reactions: jklmnop

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
At about 41 minutes, there is an interview with Åsa Tricosa, Swedish designer and creator of the Ziggurat method of top-down sweater construction. It's REALLY interesting (also I'm a fan of the podcast in general. So well done!)

Ty for this! I am totally unfamiliar with knitting/yarn podcasts (I know I know), what others would you recommend?

Also, I have to share this (found while looking for videos for the daily thread topic). Judith Mackenzie is so wonderful.

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Ty for this! I am totally unfamiliar with knitting/yarn podcasts (I know I know), what others would you recommend?

Also, I have to share this (found while looking for videos for the daily thread topic). Judith Mackenzie is so wonderful.
She's my favorite. I know the popular ones are Arctic Knitting, Skeindeer Knits and the Grocery Girls. I don't especially like any of them. They are less polished podcasts - and more 'here's my yarn haul' and here's the new sweater pattern (please buy). Not that they aren't talented knitters (they are), but I don't really learn much.

I did sort of like the slow pace of the Katie Green Bean podcast, but she does it so infrequently - it's almost not there.

I HIGHLY recommend Fruity Knitting, though. Really good content. She has tutorials, tips - she's an experienced knitter. Some of the other podcasts are folks new to knitting and just putting together basic patterns (great at making money - the expat knitting one, with Mina is an example - though I did watch her 'how I knit' and it helped me with speed. She IS fast) - but they lack the gravity and experience of someone who understands design construction - and has knitted many years. OTOH, if you're looking on how to make money, ( despite being a relatively new knitter - and 'creating' very basic designs) - wow. She sure has figured it out.

I've watched some of the Arne and Carlos podcasts - they're cute (they are a couple) and I like all of the color. I've 'flipped' through most of theirs. I guess they are worth checking out. I don't learn much from them, either - but it's sort of interesting when you're 'channel surfing'. And like everyone else, I do watch Very Pink Knits - she's a good knitter, great at knitting instruction - when I'm stuck I watch her videos. It's all tutorials, so you need to look for what you need to look for :wink: . I swear some of those newer knitters just learn a technique from her and then record the content on their own channel........(which irritates me)

I circumvent that by just watching very pink knits :)

Last edited:

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
I have never made peanuts before and they came out a lot bigger than I expected. lol.
I think I've seen you on Ravelry. I remember the Ravatar. Is the pattern for either Roger or the peanuts available to us?

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
I do watch Very Pink Knits - she's a good knitter, great at knitting instruction - when I'm stuck I watch her videos. It's all tutorials, so you need to look for what you need to look for :wink: . I swear some of those newer knitters just learn a technique from her and then record the content on their own channel........(which irritates me)....

....I circumvent that by just watching very pink knits :)
KnitFreedom videos are superb too. The owner, Liat, sells videos, so her free videos are also very professional, with huge needles and white yarn that's easy to see. The same videos are indexed on her site, knitfreedom.com

Last edited:

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I think I've seen you on Ravelry. I remember the Ravatar. Is the pattern for either Roger or the peanuts available to us?
Yeah, they aren't my patterns. I will find them in a few. But my avatar here isn't my avi on ravelry.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m cleaning out my craft bin...

Last edited: