I Made This! (crafty things)

AlphaFemale

Contributor
Reaction score
I basically took today 'off'' to work on X-mas gifts (and the shopping it required to make said gifts)... I'm thinking I'll make more of the first shown for all the adult's in the family. These were trials.

A big re-heatable rice bag with pockets that hold smaller hand warmers.

A slightly smaller re-heatable bag that can be hung near first aid things.

Five kid infinity scarves, and four other adult scarves for my girlfriend that aren't shown (all owls and foxes).

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Those are awesome! and you pick the best fabric, I love the patterns!

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I'll have to keep that CO in mind (next socks up are for dd - and she's a 9.5).
jan @jan Whoops! When I went back to the Monkeys pattern I realized I CO 80 because I changed the repeat to do k4 instead of k3 (resulting in 20-stitch repeats instead of 16). This makes it wonderfully symmetrical in terms of leg and foot patterning (and even quicker to knit imo) but hopefully you hadn't tried this pattern yet! I knit the legs of both socks before I figured it out :eek:

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Finished this quilt top last night. I know exactly how I want it quilted, but I need to quilt my other two works in progress first (which are less fancy pieces and I need the practice >.< )

Ooooh I love this! My mother and sister quilt but mostly traditional patterns. Yours is so eye-catching!

Reactions: MerryLou

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I basically took today 'off'' to work on X-mas gifts (and the shopping it required to make said gifts)... I'm thinking I'll make more of the first shown for all the adult's in the family. These were trials.

A big re-heatable rice bag with pockets that hold smaller hand warmers.

A slightly smaller re-heatable bag that can be hung near first aid things.

Five kid infinity scarves, and four other adult scarves for my girlfriend that aren't shown (all owls and foxes).
Very cool, I dig the fabric too :D

Reactions: AlphaFemale

jan

Reaction score
jan @jan Whoops! When I went back to the Monkeys pattern I realized I CO 80 because I changed the repeat to do k4 instead of k3 (resulting in 20-stitch repeats instead of 16). This makes it wonderfully symmetrical in terms of leg and foot patterning (and even quicker to knit imo) but hopefully you hadn't tried this pattern yet! I knit the legs of both socks before I figured it out :eek:
I just c/o 72 as a test for her - to see if it was big enough. It's a standard men's size, I guess (they fit me, too, though - perhaps I should check my gage............. :). I'm using kroy - I pick up a skein every time I go to Michaels (and use the coupon) - so it's pretty inexpensive.
When we have a place to live (could that happen, like, yesterday??) I'm going to put in an order here:
http://www.simplysockyarn.com/
from their sale pages.

BTW, I started using one of those 7 inch circular needles. They take a lot of getting used to (I knit well with them, but the purl cramped my fingers and took quite a while to get adjusted).
I've never used magic loop, just DPN's. So, this is quite a change. It is improving my speed...............

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I am "making" this crochety thing. It's a baby blanket. The nursery colors for my cousin's baby are gold and mint, so this is as close as I could get in yarn colors. Double sided. It takes a bit longer than a normal baby afghan as it's basically two afghans joined, but it's fun to make! Wanted to share the beginning of it.

Next up are crocheted nesting bowls with balls made in the same color for sorting. By the time I'm done with those, the baby will be old enough to start sorting, lol!

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
tricker @tricker Here is the pattern I used to make the jellyfish. I added a little border detail onto their bodies after attaching the bottom piece.

http://www.1dogwoof.com/crochet-jellyfish/

(She has a quite a few super cute patterns on her site.)
Thank you so much! I was looking up patterns for it the other day. Now I have a nice list of projects to work on that use up spare yarn (I have so much "leftover yarn" from various projects).

Reactions: MerryLou

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I finished it! The two sided baby blanket. The baby's grandma (my auntie) loves this blanket. My whole family does. I'm going to have to make more with this pattern. I hope my cousin and his wife like it just as much.

Next project: window scarves for my windows.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I finished it! The two sided baby blanket. The baby's grandma (my auntie) loves this blanket. My whole family does. I'm going to have to make more with this pattern. I hope my cousin and his wife like it just as much.

Next project: window scarves for my windows.

looks awesome!

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
This isn't a true crafty thing, but it's something I make when someone I know is dealing with cancer. I call it a "Sunshine Box". The purpose is to fill the box with anything yellow (sometimes I include orange). I mostly buy stuff at the dollar store so it's not expensive. Then, for the foreseeable future, the recipient has many yellow items they can use or consume that hopefully make them smile as they are going through a tough time.

I just finished this one today for my kid's piano teacher. I texted a picture to my bff who was the recipient of my first Sunshine Box when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and she affirmed that this box, filled with randomly weird but awesomely yellow items, was great to receive. She said it's still making her smile years later when she uses an item that was included in that box.

Anyway, wanted to share in case anyone wanted to do the same for someone they know going through a tough time (doesn't have to be cancer, obviously). These are inexpensive and fun to make as the only rule is "it has to be yellow" so I grab items I would never think of gifting!

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
This isn't a true crafty thing, but it's something I make when someone I know is dealing with cancer. I call it a "Sunshine Box". The purpose is to fill the box with anything yellow (sometimes I include orange). I mostly buy stuff at the dollar store so it's not expensive. Then, for the foreseeable future, the recipient has many yellow items they can use or consume that hopefully make them smile as they are going through a tough time.

I just finished this one today for my kid's piano teacher. I texted a picture to my bff who was the recipient of my first Sunshine Box when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and she affirmed that this box, filled with randomly weird but awesomely yellow items, was great to receive. She said it's still making her smile years later when she uses an item that was included in that box.

Anyway, wanted to share in case anyone wanted to do the same for someone they know going through a tough time (doesn't have to be cancer, obviously). These are inexpensive and fun to make as the only rule is "it has to be yellow" so I grab items I would never think of gifting!

I love this.

Reactions: tricker

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
As promised, current cross-stitchy craftiness

About a quarter of the way done - there are three more fruits to go. I rotate through a few different projects, but I've been liking this one a lot lately!

hapticmotion

Reaction score
As promised, current cross-stitchy craftiness

About a quarter of the way done - there are three more fruits to go. I rotate through a few different projects, but I've been liking this one a lot lately!
Whoa that's so cool! I crochet but can't wrap my head around cross stitch myself.

Yay my 3rd post haha.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Whoa that's so cool! I crochet but can't wrap my head around cross stitch myself.

Yay my 3rd post haha.
I was thinking really? I crocheted a ski cap once that came out a beret, first and only project. Cross-stitch is so easy. Then I looked at ItsAmyTee @ItsAmyTee 's project (holy cow that is gorgeous!) and I have no idea what the heck kind of cross-stitch I was thinking of! Something i did with giant 'x's i did as a kid probably. Anyway you all are so talented! I make such a mess out of things like this. Also hi and congrats on your third post :D

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Holy shit!

(this one had english subs)

Reactions: jan