I Can't Find the Effin' Turkfit Thread...

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
How in the hell do you make yourself walk & shit?
Usually, I have no problem, I used to walk EVERYWHERE b/c I didn't drive...
but here, Bubs drives everywhere b/c it's slightly too far &/or they worry about my safety. Plus, it's consistently 90/100+ out during the day now. So- I need some serious MOTIVATION get my ass going when the sun goes down, and/or in the morning before it gets crazy hot out.

What do you do to motivate yourself?
(My indoors equipment is in storage in the other state right now/no room here, or I'd be okay, walking is my only option right now...)

Reactions: scrmcasey and Jaded

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
For motivation, I look at myself in the mirror naked.

I try to walk 3 miles at least every other day. It's usually cooler in the morning, but weather is starting to become a problem. 80% humidity doesn't help either.

Reactions: scrmcasey

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
but here, Bubs drives everywhere b/c it's slightly too far &/or they worry about my safety. Plus, it's consistently 90/100+ out during the day now. So- I need some serious MOTIVATION get my ass going when the sun goes down, and/or in the morning before it gets crazy hot out.

(My indoors equipment is in storage in the other state right now/no room here, or I'd be okay, walking is my only option right now...)
idk but if you figure it out, let me know.

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score

Jenni, I loved my fitbit. That's about the only thing that's motivated me lately. That, and being able to eat more bagel bites, which I'm pretty sure isn't the point. If it's in your budget right now, you could invest of those or one of the tons of other fitness trackers out there. My dog chewed mine so I haven't had it lately and I miss it. It also keeps track of sleep, which is very nice!

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score

I used to hate working out, now I can't live without it. If you can force yourself into a routine....reward yourself with something after every work out or something....then it just becomes a part of your life and you get bitchy without it.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score

Walking is an awesome option but don't forget about resistance training it can be very effective especially if you're sedentary most of the time. Since I know money is tight you can look into some resistance band sets where you can combine bands for different exercises. I bought this set and it's pretty neat when I don't feel like going to the gym. Comes with various anchor point devices so you can do full body workouts. https://www.amazon.com/BODYLASTICS-...F8&qid=1496106559&sr=8-2&keywords=bodylastics There's definite differences between lifting and using bands, but I'd say for most people who just want to stay in shape they'll be sufficient and you can work out in the comfort and AC of your home between turking. Check out some youtube vids on the bands and you'll see how versatile they can be.

Last edited:

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Walking is an awesome option but don't forget about resistance training it can be very effective especially if you're sedentary most of the time. Since I know money is tight you can look into some resistance band sets where you can combine bands for different exercises. I bought this set and it's pretty neat when I don't feel like going to the gym. Comes with various anchor point devices so you can do full body workouts. https://www.amazon.com/BODYLASTICS-...F8&qid=1496106559&sr=8-2&keywords=bodylastics There's definite differences between lifting and using bands, but I'd say for most people who just want to stay in shape they'll be sufficient and you can work out in the comfort and AC of your home between turking. Check out some youtube vids on the bands and you'll see how versatile they can be.
Nah, I have all my bands with me, that wasn't an issue.
With my hypo and my pcos, daily cardio is a super big deal :(

Reactions: Drwho10

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Nah, I have all my bands with me, that wasn't an issue.
With my hypo and my pcos, daily cardio is a super big deal :(
Can you do supersets mixed with cardio? Keep the weight on the lower side and keep the breaks between exercises short to none. There's several exercises that use bands that are designed to get your heart going.

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
Can you do supersets mixed with cardio? Keep the weight on the lower side and keep the breaks between exercises short to none. There's several exercises that use bands that are designed to get your heart going.
Plus one on the superset thing. Take two compatible exercises, say, a biceps movement and a triceps movement, and do a set of each back to back with no rest. It'll feel like cardio, but with the added benefit of working your muscles. Resistance training can be a huge bonus to cardio gains, as your body burns calories at an elevated rate for hours after strength training.

Reactions: Drwho10

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I walked 3.5 miles this morning. Then I had chimichangas for lunch. Nothing like fried burritos to balance things out.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead. Today (finally) I've started to log calories into MFP. I'm not necessarily eating the right things yet, because I'll definitely need to wean myself into this. 2.4k a day is my target according to the app. Let's see how well I do with that.

P.S. I'm really guilty of getting out of bed at midnight to eat something which is what has led to weight gain more than anything else for me, I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaded