I am a new member from Chico, CA

Denmarks

Reaction score
I just found out about Mechanical Turk a few weeks ago and have made over $100. I am retired and enjoy cruising which has been put on hold for awhile. I do have a few questions. What is the best way to keep from getting rejects. If I quit a hit in the middle and return it does it count against me? What is your opinion of the apps people use to grab all the new hits? I sort by time and within a second many are gone. I assume people just automatically accept hits as fast as they can and just return what they do not like. Should that be allowed?

Reactions: savvy and jan

jan

Reaction score
I just found out about Mechanical Turk a few weeks ago and have made over $100. I am retired and enjoy cruising which has been put on hold for awhile. I do have a few questions. What is the best way to keep from getting rejects. If I quit a hit in the middle and return it does it count against me? What is your opinion of the apps people use to grab all the new hits? I sort by time and within a second many are gone. I assume people just automatically accept hits as fast as they can and just return what they do not like. Should that be allowed?
download mturk suite (to start out)
no, returning hits doesn't count against you.

Here is the first thing you should read:
https://www.mturkguide.com/

(and join us in the daily hits thread :). Welcome!

Reactions: ekkirksey and savvy

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome! The best way to avoid getting rejections is to do work exclusively for requesters with a 99% or higher approval rate. Maybe mid 90s if the work is high paying enough to justify the risk.

You can mouse over the Amazon logo in the main interface, next to the requester name, to see the approval rate (screencap below). Or go to turkerview.com/requesters, search for the requester you're interested in, and see if anyone has reported any rejections.