Rep Present Hummingbird Watch

HummingbirdWatch

Requester
Reaction score
We're hoping someone might be able to help us out. We're having another issue where a HIT will be unavailable for workers after being published. When we publish it, the HIT status remains "In Progress". This is the first time this has happened, can anyone offer any insight?

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
We're hoping someone might be able to help us out. We're having another issue where a HIT will be unavailable for workers after being published. When we publish it, the HIT status remains "In Progress". This is the first time this has happened, can anyone offer any insight?
It's possible it's an issue on amazon's end. You can check the Service Health Dashboard if you're having issues, keep in mind it's not always updated accurately. Sometimes it's a couple hours before that page will show that there is a issue.

TSolo315 @TSolo315 might be able to offer more insight.

Last edited:
Reactions: HummingbirdWatch

HummingbirdWatch

Requester
Reaction score
It's possible it's an issue on amazon's end. You can check the Service Health Dashboard if you're having issues, keep in mind it's not always updated accurate. Sometimes it's a couple hours before that page will show that there is issues.

TSolo315 @TSolo315 might be able to offer more insight.
Thanks kryss @kryssyy for the tip. Everything looks good on the dashboard, but it could be inaccurate. We'll keep checking.

Forgot to ask, but are you aware if this happens often on mturk? We saw a previous forum post about a similar issue that prevented HITs from being uploaded for an hour.

Last edited:
Reactions: kryss

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Forgot to ask, but are you aware if this happens often on mturk? We saw a previous forum post about a similar issue that prevented HITs from being uploaded for an hour.
In my experience, it's not something that happens often.

Reactions: HummingbirdWatch

Sik06

Reaction score
I missed your qualifications. Will you be doing more or is there a way to try to become qualified for your hits?

HummingbirdWatch

Requester
Reaction score
I missed your qualifications. Will you be doing more or is there a way to try to become qualified for your hits?
We are using MTurk's stock qualifications for our trials. If you meet the location qualifications, as well as those for experience and accuracy, then you will able to access our HITs. We will be continuing to publish HITs for our second trial until Wednesday night. Currently, things are looking promising that we'll at least be releasing more trials and hopefully a larger scale project in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sik06

HummingbirdWatch

Requester
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for participating in the second Hummingbird Watch trial. We'll analyze the data that we collected this week, and determine the next step towards our final project. We hope to have more trials in the near future, and we'll keep you informed when we have a rough timeline.

Reactions: Zacharias

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
So I caught two of these today, $0.10 each.
both seemed to be the same three pictures though.
there was a half hour difference between the two that I did
so it's possible they were merely similar, and not the same

in any event, should I have returned the ones if I was not sure that they were repeated images?

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So I caught two of these today, $0.10 each.
both seemed to be the same three pictures though.
there was a half hour difference between the two that I did
so it's possible they were merely similar, and not the same

in any event, should I have returned the ones if I was not sure that they were repeated images?
Ten days later, and Hummingbird is still silent and my couple of HITs are still sitting too. :( 30-day AA, they better not let it sit the full time...