Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

How to auto accept hits on mTurk using the PandA method.

Discussion in 'MTurk Help & Resources' started by Jaded, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    The real themildone

• Administrator
    Due to the change from regular to worker, this thread is now nonsense

Instead you should use Panda Crazy or MturkSuite

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Jaded, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
  2. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    The real themildone

• Administrator
    Well hello there! I bet you’re looking for what a PandA is.

PandA Guide:
    Now, we should all be familiar with how a normal preview link works, here's an example from Mr. Zing below.

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?groupId=3CRC4NO2BIQQWQ3GX0HLFPTFOD30SA

Pretty simple right? Well, sometimes you may click that link, and there will be nothing there because other hungry turkers already grabbed it. Bummer, right? Well, we have a solution to this!

First, You need an auto-refresher. These are the two I recommend.

Chrome: AutoRefresh Plus

FireFox: Check4Change

EDIT: Please see post below for an alternative to either of the scripts above.

Note: There are other things that do this. I, personally, am not familiar with them, so if anyone wants to send me a quick link and a short description I can add them here. Also, there are other options for finding hits that you don't have a panda for (HitScraper, HitMonitor which will have their own threads)

Now, we’re going to take that link above, and turn it into a PandA by adding ‘andaccept’ after the word ‘preview’ in the URL. Like so,

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/previewandaccept?groupId=3CRC4NO2BIQQWQ3GX0HLFPTFOD30SA

Now, the hit may still be gone. But that’s where the refresher comes in. You’ll just set it in the refresher of your choice, for a time of 3 seconds or less, and keep an eye on your queue. If someone returns it, you’ll (hopefully) catch it!

This also works for batches, so you can work from your queue. (Meaning even when the HITs run out, you’ll still have a queue full.)

[​IMG]

#2 Jaded, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
  3. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    The real themildone

• Administrator
    @Reversal of Fortune@Reversal of Fortune PM'd me a new script I hadn't heard of called Refresh Monkey. Here is some information on it!

Tigerpants and Yuk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.