How do you choose?

PE08

Reaction score
I see a lot of hits in the daily work threads. Do you guys choose all the hits to follow then do them or do you knock out each hit as they pop up? I say follow because I just installed turkmaster add on to my Mturk.

Reactions: Tribune

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
I'm not totally sure I understand the question. Are you asking if it's better to go through early posts in the thread or to wait for new hits to pop up? Most (but not all) hits from early in the day will be long dead if you get to them later in the day.

Carm

Reaction score
I think you might be asking if the experienced people already have a list of requesters that they follow, and they find the HITs by using scripts and PandA's. Or do the experienced people just do the HITs as they show up each day.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
A little bit of both, I think.

A lot of people have a list of requesters that they monitor every day, in case they post. There are extensions/scripts that will monitor a requesters name and alert you if they post.

When none of those requesters are posting, some people will look on the forum for surveys/batches and work on them as they post. Because decent work disappears quickly, once it's posted on the forum, there's a very small window of opportunity to grab things.

So the key to success is basically just...doing everything you can to find work. You watch for requesters that you like, and you look through Mturk for anything that seems decent, and you watch the forum in case anyone posts something that you've missed.