How do I get more HITS?

libbyrea

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to MTURK, and I have noticed I don't have very many HITS to choose from. Most of them are under $0.05
I have already went over doing 100 HITS so I don't know what else to do. When I go to do one, it says Qualify, and then once I click that it either says request or that I haven't earned it yet.. Idk how this all works just yet.

Also, how can I get the money I have earned to my bank account?
Thanks!

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to MTURK, and I have noticed I don't have very many HITS to choose from. Most of them are under $0.05
I have already went over doing 100 HITS so I don't know what else to do. When I go to do one, it says Qualify, and then once I click that it either says request or that I haven't earned it yet.. Idk how this all works just yet.

Also, how can I get the money I have earned to my bank account?
Thanks!
Hi, welcome. Unfortunately, when you're starting out you're really not going to qualify for much. Most decent HITs tend to use qualifications that are based on how many HITs you've had approved. The big milestones to shoot for are 1k, 5k, and maybe even 10k approved HITs. You'll probably notice a bit more open up at 1k, but I believe the one that opens up the most is 5k. It can be a little rough getting there, especially the first thousand, but once you do it gradually gets easier.

As for the other qualifications that HITs often have, those can be a bit tricky. Nine times out of ten, requesting a qual does nothing. You can click the link to request one that you don't have, but there's a good chance that the requester doesn't have it set up so that they can even see the requests (it can actually be kind of a pain to do from what I hear, and that functionality isn't even built into the requester web interface.) Sometimes there will be an option to take a qualification test, so it's good to keep an eye out for those, but really you also want to keep an eye out for what we call qual HITs. Requesters will often post HITs or batches of HITs, often with "qualification" mentioned in the title of the HIT, and assign qualifications based on performance on those HITs. Those are probably the most common way of obtaining quals and you can easily keep an eye out for stuff like that by just adding "qual" to the include list on HIT Finder or any sort of HIT scraper script (HIT Finder is part of MTurk Suite if you're not already using something like that.)

Also, I'm not sure if you're still in your 10 day probation period or not, but I believe you can't actually transfer money until that is over with. If you are out of your probation period, you should be able to transfer earnings from your Dashboard page to Amazon Payments, then you transfer to your bank from there.

Reactions: Paulanizia Davis