Rep Present How can I get qualified workers for my data entry job?

Jessica O'Neill

Requester
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm wondering if anybody knows how I can get workers who are more qualified to accurately complete a data entry job I am going to post. Here is the job:

Using 137 data files (output from some statistical analyses from the program SPSS, in html format), very specific instructions I've written, and an Excel table that I made with an example of how to correctly enter the data, I want a few workers to copy the correct numbers from the data files into the correct cells in the Excel tables I made. Looking at the data files requires a very keen eye; it's easy to make a mistake. But, if followed exactly, the instructions guide the worker clearly.

I want workers who won't make any mistakes, or are very very unlikely to.

Thank you.
J

Achilles2357

Reaction score
One way to do this is to post a qualification hit. Have it pay lower for the work required than the core hit, so that only someone who actually wants to do the core hit will complete the qual. But you'll still need to make the qual worthwhile, if it is data entry. Assign a qualification to workers that complete it perfectly, and allow those with the qual to do your core hit. (But pay everyone for the qual, apart from those giving utter junk.) Send a message to the qualified workers when the core hit posts. I'd probably make sure every chunk of data is entered by two or three workers, so you can check for discrepancies. I'd probably require 5000 hits completed. I suspect that if the pay is reasonable, anyone with 5000 hits who gets a qual and goes on to do a data entry hit will probably aim to do it accurately.

That, at least, is what would induce me to do a lengthy data entry hit, aiming to make no errors.

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm wondering if anybody knows how I can get workers who are more qualified to accurately complete a data entry job I am going to post. Here is the job:

Using 137 data files (output from some statistical analyses from the program SPSS, in html format), very specific instructions I've written, and an Excel table that I made with an example of how to correctly enter the data, I want a few workers to copy the correct numbers from the data files into the correct cells in the Excel tables I made. Looking at the data files requires a very keen eye; it's easy to make a mistake. But, if followed exactly, the instructions guide the worker clearly.

I want workers who won't make any mistakes, or are very very unlikely to.

Thank you.
J
It's not really a hard job, from what I know (and I kind of do - I've used SPSS myself - so I know the program). I suppose you could set up a qual HIT, and ask workers to complete a qualification to see how they might handle the job. But since your n is relatively low, IDK. I'd think you'd only want a few workers at most.

If it were me, I'd try to set it up as a big job and just get one or two people to do it. I don't think I'd break up a data set too much -
The best way for you to ensure good data in this case is good communication with whomever you work with. Set up the communication at the beginning and be available to answer additional questions should they arise.

Last edited: