Hits and Scripts

Patricia Houston

Reaction score
Hello everyone I need some help. I get up early in the morning and work hard. But barely make 20 dollars. I have hitscraper, hitforker, jr panda crazy and mturk suite. I was catching some surveys but now I am getting this error. Can someone anyone help? I am trying to make money to get me a car car battery and Christmas tree. I have cerebral palsy and I am severely depressed. I know I am missing something. This error is hindering me from doing surveys. Any and all help will be appreciated.

BluAngel

Contributor
Reaction score
See if @Mentor will respond and help you out. It could be too many programs running at the same time. Try experimenting with just using panda crazy for 1 or two certain batches at a time and see if that makes a difference.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hello everyone I need some help. I get up early in the morning and work hard. But barely make 20 dollars. I have hitscraper, hitforker, jr panda crazy and mturk suite. I was catching some surveys but now I am getting this error. Can someone anyone help? I am trying to make money to get me a car car battery and Christmas tree. I have cerebral palsy and I am severely depressed. I know I am missing something. This error is hindering me from doing surveys. Any and all help will be appreciated.
Well, as BluAngel @BluAngel stated, you probably have too many things going on. Not sure what the error is, since I don't see it quoted anywhere. So, I can't tell you what the error is or what's causing it. If you want to copy/paste the error, then I may have a bit more information to go on.

That said, having too many things running may, or may not be causing your error but, it does make figuring out what's causing it a lot more difficult. I've tried to help you previously but, I'm happy to try again, as long as respond in a timely manner and answer the questions that I ask. HitScraper, HitForker and HitFinder(MTurk Suite) all do the same thing. Are you trying to run them all at once? Why are you using more than one HIT "finder"? Once you found one that works for you, you should stop installing more, as you've solved that problem. So, pick one, I'd suggest MTurk Suite's HitFinder, and turn off the other ones(or remove/disable). If you're having trouble, I can't imagine that adding more scripts or extensions would be the solution since, I'm pretty sure it's the problem. But, you definitely aren't "missing something" as far as extensions or scripts. In fact, like lots of people, you've got too many going on and, as far as I can tell, less than complete understanding of their function, making it difficult to figure out what's not working correctly. If we don't know what functions these extensions are automating, it can make it nearly impossible to figure out which one is not working properly through any method other than guessing. And when you have multiple extensions trying to perform the same function, once again, it can make it hard to figure out if one, or all aren't performing their job or, if it's that fact that they are all trying to grab the same piece of data, that's causing the issue, to begin with.

So, what is the error?
Is it preventing you from "doing surveys"? Or finding surveys? Or catching them once found.
Which are you using to find HITs?(HitFinder, Forker, Scraper) "All of them" is the wrong answer for this.

Let me know, in a reasonable amount of time, if I can help. If I don't get a response for a few days, I'll assume that you've given up or have found help elsewhere, and consider this problem resolved.:)
Good luck and have a good day.

BluAngel

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw you said that you wanted to catch surveys. I work on a lot of surveys and sometimes it is the timing of it. I might be wrong but I see surveys mostly posted during bankers hours. Some days are not worth trying like holidays, for example, can be frustrating. So if you are getting up at 6am and not catching much try a later time like 9 am to get started so you are not wearing yourself out by the time they come in. I really commend you for trying to do this "job" with your illness. That is not easy at all but it is doable. There are so many people turning to Mturk because it is one of many gigs that they can supplement their income while they are home sick. When you are getting depressed make sure you are taking breaks from some of those surveys and take walks in the fresh air or some type of exercise for 15 mins to get your endorphins built back up. I would encourage you to set a daily goal. If you are already earning almost $20 a day be proud, that is really great. Believe me, there are many people in these forums that can not even pull a dollar a day but just keep trying until it comes together. Just keep earning that $20 each time you work, it all adds up in a years time believe me. Good Luck!

Last edited: