HIT catcher question

Marte48047

Reaction score
On HIT catcher sometimes I will hear HIT caught when there is one but other times it doens't say anything. I have tried pressing the catch and sound buttons but can't get it to work now. Should both buttons be pressed and green or white for sound? Thanks for helping out a newbie I do appreciate it.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Green for sound to be on. Green for catch to try and catch, it'll turn white after catching one if you did a "once panda". If sounds aren't working try and restart Chrome, the Text to Speech engine in Chrome probably needs a restart.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Green for sound to be on. Green for catch to try and catch, it'll turn white after catching one if you did a "once panda". If sounds aren't working try and restart Chrome, the Text to Speech engine in Chrome probably needs a restart.
I wanted to piggie-back off of this because I have a HIT Catcher issue that's really odd... I have one requester (RIT [A26KHZBLR8IL6F]) who I've done a ton of HITs for and have previously successfully created watchers for in the past. Lately, whenever their HITs pop-up on HIT Finder I cannot add a watcher for them. I can accept the HITs directly from MTurk in this case, but I simply cannot add a watcher for them (neither by right-clicking in HIT Finder nor by the Add Watcher button in HIT Finder)

It's almost as if I already have a Watcher made for their HITs, which is why I can't add another, but I 100% don't. Is there a cache file where all of the Watcher info is stored? Is it possible that residual information from a previous Watcher for this requester's HIT is saved there, but the tile for the HIT is simply not visible/displayed in HIT Catcher?

Last edited:

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I wanted to piggie-back off of this because I have a HIT Catcher issue that's really odd... I have one requester (RIT [A26KHZBLR8IL6F]) who I've done a ton of HITs for and have previously successfully created watchers for in the past. Lately, whenever their HITs pop-up on HIT Finder I cannot add a watcher for them. I can accept the HITs directly from MTurk in this case, but I simply cannot add a watcher for them (neither by right-clicking in HIT Finder nor by the Add Watcher button in HIT Finder)

It's almost as if I already have a Watcher made for their HITs, which is why I can't add another, but I 100% don't. Is there a cache file where all of the Watcher info is stored? Is it possible that residual information from a previous Watcher for this requester's HIT is saved there, but the tile for the HIT is simply not visible/displayed in HIT Catcher?
Residual info shouldn't be possible but we will check to be sure. If you open the console log (ctrl+shift+j) while in HIT Catcher and then enter "storage" (no quotes) into the log it will show an object that has all of the info that HIT Catcher uses. Does anything in that object look like it shouldn't belong or isn't being displayed?