Hit Catcher list or Advice on Good Requesters?

Fresh

Reaction score
Hey everyone, been working toward my 1,000 approvals goal slowly but surely, currently have almost 400 accepted, 150 or so pending and (knock on wood) 0 rejections so far. I have been doing mostly surveys as they seem to pay alright for a newbie and as I take my utmost care to go above and beyond for them, I have been getting accepts and a decent amount of mini bonuses on them.

I was just wondering if anyone on here had a list of which requesters they have on their Hit Catcher, or perhaps good ones to look for. I recently did a survey from The Choice Labs and ended up getting almost a $12 bonus from them, which is by far my biggest bonus yet. I was wondering if anyone had any good hits from requesters like that on their hit catcher and if they would be willing to share any information with me. I doubt anyone will willingly give away their top hits because competition is fierce, but if you wouldn't even mind pointing me in the right direction for better pay requesters it would be really helpful. I got panda crazy and learned how to configure it so it grabs hits by requesters which is really cool.

Thanks a lot!

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Fresh @Fresh. I'm not sure how helpful I'll be as far as requesters goes. Most of my batch work has closed quals, and my block list to hide requesters is a mile long at this point, so I'm not entirely sure what batches are good these days for new folks to work on to get their numbers up. I "thought" we had a list of requesters on the forum at one point that were good for new people to focus on, but either I just can't find it or I'm imagining it. I bet a @Mentor would be able to answer this question for you though. Do make sure you fill out all the profile HITs with Amazon Mechanical Turk Team that will help qualify you for some work. Make sure your filter is set to 0 to be able to see those.

It sounds like you're off to a great start. it does take time to work your way up to having more available, but everyone starts out at the bottom. lol The Choice Labs is a special treat. Watch for them in the mornings. Some days they don't post, but other days they post 3 or 4 surveys. Eventually you will get disqual'd from those particular HITs like many of us have been, but we all hope to be let back in at some point. ?

If you're not already watching the daily work thread, that's a good place to hang out. Most of the surveys worth doing are posted there, and if you don't catch them right away, you can always start a panda in PC and probably catch it later. I don't do a ton of surveys myself, but the majority of ones I do are caught later with a panda. The most important thing to remember is to keep your approval rating above 99%, which it sounds like you already know. Hopefully someone will come along and tell you some safe HITs for new workers to focus on to get their numbers up. :)

Reactions: coffeeowl and Fresh

Fresh

Reaction score
Hi Fresh @Fresh. I'm not sure how helpful I'll be as far as requesters goes. Most of my batch work has closed quals, and my block list to hide requesters is a mile long at this point, so I'm not entirely sure what batches are good these days for new folks to work on to get their numbers up. I "thought" we had a list of requesters on the forum at one point that were good for new people to focus on, but either I just can't find it or I'm imagining it. I bet a @Mentor would be able to answer this question for you though. Do make sure you fill out all the profile HITs with Amazon Mechanical Turk Team that will help qualify you for some work. Make sure your filter is set to 0 to be able to see those.

It sounds like you're off to a great start. it does take time to work your way up to having more available, but everyone starts out at the bottom. lol The Choice Labs is a special treat. Watch for them in the mornings. Some days they don't post, but other days they post 3 or 4 surveys. Eventually you will get disqual'd from those particular HITs like many of us have been, but we all hope to be let back in at some point. ?

If you're not already watching the daily work thread, that's a good place to hang out. Most of the surveys worth doing are posted there, and if you don't catch them right away, you can always start a panda in PC and probably catch it later. I don't do a ton of surveys myself, but the majority of ones I do are caught later with a panda. The most important thing to remember is to keep your approval rating above 99%, which it sounds like you already know. Hopefully someone will come along and tell you some safe HITs for new workers to focus on to get their numbers up. :)
Thanks for the reply Willow!

Yup I've done all the qualifying I've come across so far, there was a site someone linked on here that had a bunch of Qual tests that I went through and completed. I also tend to check back on that a few times daily because sometimes new qualifying hits (instead of tests) are posted and I try to grab those as well. Also did the initial ones from Amazon themselves. Thanks! (You are talking about all the profile ones right? Age and demographics and a bunch of others, I'm almost 100% sure I did them, unless there's more from the mturk team which I somehow missed!)

Yup I hang out in the daily thread for sure, but don't catch them often yet cause a lot are like 1k approvals or more, no worries I'll get there :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep marching forward. Almost hit my first $100 which is neat! I figure even like an extra $20 a day isnt bad at all, especially for a bit of time that I'm not doing anything productive with anyways.

I seem to get quite a few bonuses, I think like almost 30% of my income so far has been bonuses, not counting the choice labs bonus. (that reminds me, apparently I did two from choice labs because I got another $12 bonus this morning when I woke up, right on! Lol)
But there's a bunch of surveys I've done that send an extra fifty cents or a dollar, which is nice when it almost doubles the money you made from that particular hit.

I'm still learning for sure, I have been staying away from hits that look complicated for the time being. I'm sure I would be able to do them but I just don't want to accidently fill out a batch of them and end up with a sudden 20 rejections on my profile, haha. Occasionally I'll do one in an area I'm not familiar with and wait until I see an approval, but by the time it's approved I've forgotten what it was lol.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it a lot! Keep up the good work :)

• Love
Reactions: WillowWolf

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hey everyone, been working toward my 1,000 approvals goal slowly but surely, currently have almost 400 accepted, 150 or so pending and (knock on wood) 0 rejections so far. I have been doing mostly surveys as they seem to pay alright for a newbie and as I take my utmost care to go above and beyond for them, I have been getting accepts and a decent amount of mini bonuses on them.

I was just wondering if anyone on here had a list of which requesters they have on their Hit Catcher, or perhaps good ones to look for. I recently did a survey from The Choice Labs and ended up getting almost a $12 bonus from them, which is by far my biggest bonus yet. I was wondering if anyone had any good hits from requesters like that on their hit catcher and if they would be willing to share any information with me. I doubt anyone will willingly give away their top hits because competition is fierce, but if you wouldn't even mind pointing me in the right direction for better pay requesters it would be really helpful. I got panda crazy and learned how to configure it so it grabs hits by requesters which is really cool.

Thanks a lot!
Since you are so new I would worry more about getting your numbers up and avoiding rejections. You want to stay above 99% to get the best work. More work will open up especially around 5k approved.

Sounds like you have a few scripts which is a good start! I would do all the MLDataLabeler tests here and use those to get up numbers. They don't always pay the best but they don't reject and post often. We did have a get your numbers up thread here at one time but the problem is that requesters come and go. Most of them wouldn't be around so it would be unhelpful at this point.

As for good requesters that is just something you have to figure out over time. Requesters I like might not be your cup of tea or you might not have the qualifications for or they might never post again. You will build up your own over time as the rest of us have. Just pay attention in the forum as WillowWolf @PurpleWolf suggested and always check reviews/approval rating before doing a HIT. While we can get you started with some general advice everyone works hard to figure out how to turk and holds onto any good requesters closely. No one wants to give up money. :wink:

Best of luck!

Last edited:

RiberoD07

Reaction score
I'm new here myself and jealous of your earnings haha. I've been turking the last 4 days and have 480 approved with 2 rejections (1 was my fault as I accidentally clicked submit on mobile trying to scroll down..) and total earnings are only $50 aha. I did do over 100 0.01 batch work tho. I've learned to just find something you're good and quick at and stick to it and keep an eye on the higher paying hits. I'm going to rush to 1k with hopefully less than 5 rejections and see what changes. Best of luck!

Reactions: coffeeowl and Fresh

Fresh

Reaction score
Since you are so new I would worry more about getting your numbers up and avoiding rejections. You want to stay above 99% to get the best work. More work will open up especially around 5k approved.

Sounds like you have a few scripts which is a good start! I would do all the MLDataLabeler tests here and use those to get up numbers. They don't always pay the best but they don't reject and post often. We did have a get your numbers up thread here at one time but the problem is that requesters come and go. Most of them wouldn't be around so it would be unhelpful at this point.

As for good requesters that is just something you have to figure out over time. Requesters I like might not be your cup of tea or you might not have the qualifications for or they might never post again. You will build up your own over time as the rest of us have. Just pay attention in the forum as WillowWolf @PurpleWolf suggested and always check reviews/approval rating before doing a HIT. While we can get you started with some general advice everyone works hard to figure out how to turk and holds onto any good requesters closely. No one wants to give up money. :wink:

Best of luck!
Thanks very much Coffeeowl! Yeah I have been mostly focusing on getting my numbers up, surveys are REAL slow but I'm confident I won't get any rejections on them. And actually yeah, pretty much all of my quick batch hits have been from MLDataLabeler funnily enough. I typically do the positive/negative sentiment ones when they pop up as they are super simple and quick to do. I did all of the qualifications on the site you listed already, but thanks for posting it. That was a REALLY good resource for me, it basically doubled the amount of hits I had when I was on my second day Turking. The MLDataLabeler ones have a lot of bounding box ones pop up which I did and got an 88 and a 91 on their tests, but they seem to be quite a bit of work for only like three cents. I noticed a lot of people review and say they did them in like 7 seconds, which I find incredible as it takes me like two full minutes to zoom in and get the boxes pixel perfect. I could probably do it quicker but I've been realllly careful watching to try and stay as close to perfect approval as I can.

Thanks for the reply! :)

I'm new here myself and jealous of your earnings haha. I've been turking the last 4 days and have 480 approved with 2 rejections (1 was my fault as I accidentally clicked submit on mobile trying to scroll down..) and total earnings are only $50 aha. I did do over 100 0.01 batch work tho. I've learned to just find something you're good and quick at and stick to it and keep an eye on the higher paying hits. I'm going to rush to 1k with hopefully less than 5 rejections and see what changes. Best of luck!
Welcome mate! Hey, I'm only about $50 bucks ahead of you! You could easily pass me if I take a day off! lol :D
Yeah I'm with you honestly on the batch hits that pay a penny, if they approve I'll gladly do those! The biggest negative is that when they pop up I only get a few because I'm too nervous to set up a catcher to catch more than I'm able to do, so I sit there and auto accept the next hit and do them one by one. lol - I honestly just been doing the surveys because they are pretty easy to grab if you see em and as long as you take your time most of the survey requesters are like >99% approvals. The only thing you gotta watch out for is attention checks, make sure you are paying attention and READ THROUGH EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE. A lot of times I'll read half of a paragraph on one asking about the radio buttons below then all of the sudden it says "If you are reading this, select other and type in zebra to let us know you are paying attention fully." I've almost blew those a few times, especially when they are embedded like that into a question that starts out real. The good thing is that SOME of the turkers will give you bonuses if you catch some of the attention checks, I've made a few dollars where the requester will send me a 50 cent bonus "Thanks for paying good attention, hitting the hidden attention check" or something similar in the notes.

Actually we are very similar in terms of money made as I've been turking like 7-8 days so far, so I think we both are making about the same per day honestly. I put a $15 "goal" thing in the reward goal on the top of the page and been aiming to hit that each day (except for the first two days where I was like a otter lost at sea. (No idea what direction to swim!) But I've started picking up on some stuff and am hitting the $15 daily pretty easily. I end up making around $22 a day roughly once you add in the bonuses. Not great but I'm sure at 1,000+ approvals my income will come up. And heck, even $22 bucks a day is an extra $150 a week for doing something in my spare time. Although with the new league in Path of Exile starting tomorrow, I probably will drop my goal to $10! Haha!

Also if you haven't yet, make sure to do what Coffee said and qualify for everything on here: https://turkerview.com/qualifeye/ I found that site my second or third day and I went from like 80 available hits to like 160. My average now is around 230, so it's slowly climbing up there.

Best of luck to you man :)

RiberoD07

Reaction score
I hit a rough patch today. I decided to do some easy batches by some new requester and ended up getting 7 rejections from them :/ I emailed hoping for a reversal but we'll see.. Definitely not doing batches for a new requester again haha.. Did a looot of MLD batches as they don't seem to reject and just worked on getting my numbers up today. Only made $17 but did 500+ hits. Just checked and I must've been at 480 total(approved+pending yesterday), currently I'm at 400 approved, 640 pending. Looking forward to seeing that 500 approved tomorrow and hopefully 1000 in the next few days and see what opens up for me! Oh, and I also got an email about a 20 min study I qualified for, that said it will award a $15 AGC so that was cool and lucky!

I did some quals on the site you sent. Definitely one to keep an eye on! Sucks speechpad isn't taking any rn but I already saw some few extra hits come in just from adult content and doing the Amazon premium profile ones. Got some other quals too but not that interested in reviewing and summarizing text.

I set my goal to $10 a day and 200 hits. I more than doubled hits and nearly doubled $ goal too haha. Anyways keep it up! Love the community so far and looking forward to seeing what else I can improve on to make some more side money!