Hi, I'm new

Unicorn

Reaction score
I'm brand new to this forum, and to mturk in general. I have some health issues that make it very difficult to find work currently, so I decided to try turking full time in order to 1) get into a proper routine of working "full time" and 2) hopefully have something to feel accomplished from!

I'm not sure how common of a situation that is but I'd love to know if anyone else has similar reasons and how its working out! This forum seems very helpful and I look forward to using the info and guides here to hopefully improve my efficiency, I've only gotten a little bit into the site so far (about 50 hits and .10 earned heh).

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
I'm brand new to this forum, and to mturk in general. I have some health issues that make it very difficult to find work currently, so I decided to try turking full time in order to 1) get into a proper routine of working "full time" and 2) hopefully have something to feel accomplished from!

I'm not sure how common of a situation that is but I'd love to know if anyone else has similar reasons and how its working out!
When I started I was in a similar situation. Some days I'd feel okay and others I'd feel awful which didn't make job hunting very successful so I tried to do whatever I could from home. I've been turking since 2008.

Unfortunately the harsh reality is that's extremely difficult to depend only on mturk if you want to make a full-time living. There are a few people who can do it but they usually have years of experience with mturk, coding knowledge, and/or a crazy good work ethic. But if you're just looking to make some extra money/supplement your income and feel like you're doing something productive with your time mturk is pretty good for that.

And welcome :) I hope the forum is able to help you out.

Reactions: Unicorn

Unicorn

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the welcomes!:blush:

jml @jml That sounds like me! Wow, since 2008 is a long time! I do very much want "normal" employment full time someday, but sending out applications on bad days is very tough. I don't expect to make too much off of it, but something is better than nothing even if it's just .25 here and there! And feeling productive too.

Reactions: SliceofLife and jml

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I'm not sure how common of a situation that is but I'd love to know if anyone else has similar reasons and how its working out! This forum seems very helpful and I look forward to using the info and guides here to hopefully improve my efficiency, I've only gotten a little bit into the site so far (about 50 hits and .10 earned heh).
Welcome to MTC! :aikon: