Help us make a fair and rewarding HIT on predicting news headlines

glifchits

Requester
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am an academic researcher and a fairly new HIT requester. I would love some feedback and advice from this community to ensure our HIT is fair for you and rewards considerate responses.

We are running a series of experiments to see whether people can predict whether one headline will perform better than another. Our task should take no more than 10 minutes and pays out $1.20. It will require a 99% approval rate, 1000 approved HITs, and a US/Canada location (as the task requires very careful reading in English).

Can you all let me know if you think the payment is fair and the qualification criteria are reasonable? Is it acceptable to recruit participants via this forum? If so, how should I selectively let people do our HIT?

Thanks in advance for your help!

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am an academic researcher and a fairly new HIT requester. I would love some feedback and advice from this community to ensure our HIT is fair for you and rewards considerate responses.

We are running a series of experiments to see whether people can predict whether one headline will perform better than another. Our task should take no more than 10 minutes and pays out $1.20. It will require a 99% approval rate, 1000 approved HITs, and a US/Canada location (as the task requires very careful reading in English).

Can you all let me know if you think the payment is fair and the qualification criteria are reasonable? Is it acceptable to recruit participants via this forum? If so, how should I selectively let people do our HIT?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I am not sure about the selectiveness bit as that isn't my specialty. But most workers want to work at the rate of about $12-15/hour for good work. $1.20 might be a smidgen low - $1.50 would be better. I would definitely up the approved hits toward 10,000 approved hits - you will get more seasoned, dedicated workers that way. The location requirement is definitely fine.

Reactions: glifchits