Help sending messages

jane

hi
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to send messages using the API and would be willing to help me?

I was using MTurk R by Thomas Leeper but with the requester API depreciating on June 1st it will no longer work. I contacted mturk and they basically said, your on your own.

I tried following the half assed mturk tutorials but I only know basic coding and cannot get the command line interface to work.

jan

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to send messages using the API and would be willing to help me?

I was using MTurk R by Thomas Leeper but with the requester API depreciating on June 1st it will no longer work. I contacted mturk and they basically said, your on your own.

I tried following the half assed mturk tutorials but I only know basic coding and cannot get the command line interface to work.
I just googled his name and got his email. It is at this link (we don't post emails on the board).

https://thomasleeper.com/websurveycourse/

jane

hi
Reaction score
Thank you Jan
I was wondering if any workers may have experience with sending messages through the API and wouldn't mind helping.

jane

hi
Reaction score
I finally figured it out using the AWS CLI, what a pain in the ass. Could Mturk make it any more difficult? NOPE

Reactions: jeff007 and <Gucci>

tylerburleigh

Reaction score
Hi jane @jane in case you're still looking for a solution, I've been working on a replacement for MTurkR called pyMTurkR, you can find it on Github or in a Google search.

angel22_99

Reaction score
Good morning, I tried to message a requester because I didn't copy an mturk code correctly (I missed a number, i am so mad at myself!) and I got the following error:
Strange... something is not right
The provided website address is not valid. Below are all HITs available.

Do you think the message didn't go through? What should I do?

Thanks!

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning, I tried to message a requester because I didn't copy an mturk code correctly (I missed a number, i am so mad at myself!) and I got the following error:
Strange... something is not right
The provided website address is not valid. Below are all HITs available.

Do you think the message didn't go through? What should I do?

Thanks!
That's a known error. Your message has correctly gone through.

Reactions: jan and angel22_99