Hello, I'm an impulsive idiot.

Civanfan

Reaction score
And being an impulsive idiot, I spend money without thinking and don't hit mTurk often enough to make up for it.

At this very moment I'm engaged in a race of time to make fifty dollars before all the computer stuff I bought without checking how much money I actually had is finished processing and my bank account gets overdrafted. Fun! But I also have a student loan payment due any day now, so I really need 165 dollars!

This forum's been incredibly helpful, though.

I don't know how much you're going to see of me. Mostly I just signed up so I could publicly lambaste myself for impulse buying and accept the public mockery I deserve.

I shall now open the floor to questions about my idiocy. Keep in mind, however, that as an idiot, many of your questions may be answered with variations upon "Du-uhh?", inane giggling, or the sound of drool hitting the floor.

EDIT: And hello overdraft fee. Well, it's not like the money was going to transfer in time anyway.

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
And being an impulsive idiot, I spend money without thinking and don't hit mTurk often enough to make up for it.

At this very moment I'm engaged in a race of time to make fifty dollars before all the computer stuff I bought without checking how much money I actually had is finished processing and my bank account gets overdrafted. Fun! But I also have a student loan payment due any day now, so I really need 165 dollars!

I don't know how much you're going to see of me. Mostly I just signed up so I could publicly lambaste myself for impulse buying and accept the public mockery I deserve.

I shall now open the floor to questions about my idiocy. Keep in mind, however, that as an idiot, many of your questions may be answered with variations upon "Du-uhh?", inane giggling, or the sound of drool hitting the floor.

EDIT: And hello overdraft fee. Well, it's not like the money was going to transfer in time anyway.
The only way to dig yourself out of a hole is to start digging :). Make a goal for yourself (of how much you need to earn everyday) and stay online until you earn it. Start with something that you can achieve, and then increase it slowly - as you pick up more turking tools.

Good luck! And welcome

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey being an idiot is my thing. I dont wanna share! : ) welllcome

Reactions: Vanyanka

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Ditto (except all of the specific details involved) and welcome.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Civanfan

Reaction score
Thank you for the greetings and advice.

Reactions: jan

Sniickers

Reaction score

Welcome :wink: Fellow idiot here......I like spending money like the mad hatter too. I legit spent 4,000 in less than a week , It was a gift so It wasn't earned :eek: I know 4,000 my not be a lot of money but I'm working class ! That could have gone pretty far , foot locker got most of that money. Oh can you get a deferment on your student loans or did you already exhaust that option ? Mine are deferred until August but I plan on going back to school before then. It's pretty easy to get , you can even get your monthly payments reduced 165 is too high amount .You could make the 165 in a couple of days turking if you have the qualifications and over 100 hits....

Civanfan

Reaction score
Oh can you get a deferment on your student loans or did you already exhaust that option ? Mine are deferred until August but I plan on going back to school before then. It's pretty easy to get , you can even get your monthly payments reduced 165 is too high amount .You could make the 165 in a couple of days turking if you have the qualifications and over 100 hits....
My payments started out at $209, but are now $115 since I managed to get a couple of them paid off, and I looked into getting them reduced but no dice. I'm saving the deferment for when I say the wrong thing to a customer and get fired.

Now that my paycheck's come in and all the overdraft fees and such are paid, I've got a whole fifty bucks to my name. Whee.

Sniickers

Reaction score
My payments started out at $209, but are now $115 since I managed to get a couple of them paid off, and I looked into getting them reduced but no dice. I'm saving the deferment for when I say the wrong thing to a customer and get fired.

Now that my paycheck's come in and all the overdraft fees and such are paid, I've got a whole fifty bucks to my name. Whee.
A whole fifty bucks , Dude don't say that to loud ! You might get robbed . Don't spend that all in one place lol . FilthyF*ckinRich
You sound like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders though , you doing good :thumbup:

Justin Rhodes

Reaction score
Hi there, my name is Justin Rhodes. I am new to this forum.:)

Reactions: TobyF