Hello, I am willing to purchase scripts for mechanical turk hits (up to $500)

weakman

Reaction score
I am looking for scripts that can help me for certain hits that earns around $8 or more an hour. I can sign an NDA and all rights will belong to you regarding the script. Here is the requirements (may need to update base on feedback).

1. It has to be able to earn me around $8/hr. I am very fast with 99% of hits so chances are if you can make 8$ or more an hour so can I.

2. It has to be a common hit. This hit must post often. If it is a rare hit no deal.

3. This requester must have a good rating and no qualification that keeps me from doing the hit.

4. I will pay half up front and half later when I see it is working. Only people who are well known on this site can do this deal.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you considered learning how to write your own scripts?

AHK is surprisingly easy to learn, especially with the tutorials that members on here have written. Once you know the basics, you can make your own rudimentary scripts in a couple of minutes.

It's a skill worth learning, and it's much more valuable that a single script could ever be.

It's pretty much impossible for anyone to write you a script and then guarantee you that you'll be able to make X amount of dollars with it. No one can control how many HITs you manage to catch, how well you end up doing them, etc. A HIT that one person makes bank on might be no good for you.

On top of that...the kind of batches you seem to be looking for- High volume, consistent, decently paying batches from established requesters without any sort of qual on them- are sort of like unicorns to begin with. There aren't very many batches that match that description. The ones that DO exist tend to be in very high demand, so there's already a huge amount of competition... and many of those batches have scripts that are publicly available any way.

Basically what I'm saying here is that you're expectations seem kind of unrealistic.

If you take the time to learn how to write basic AHK, you'll be able to find your own HITs and automate simple functions for yourself. Finding your own batches, figuring out to make them profitable, and doing the grunt work is a much more viable long term process than trying to pay someone for an easy button.

https://autohotkey.com/docs/Tutorial.htm

Spend some time trying AHK out and see if you can make something really rudimentary.

mordea

Master of a Couple Things
Contributor
Reaction score
Something which has helped me out a lot is looking at existing scripts and macros to figure out how they're doing their thing. Although I'm still a beginner with javascript, I've learned enough to get by on my own and that's good enough. From using Autohotkey to quickly open pandas in Hit Scraper to setting up an auto-accept when requesters in HM go off and writing custom scripts for specific HITs ... learning just a little has helped out a lot.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Something which has helped me out a lot is looking at existing scripts and macros to figure out how they're doing their thing. Although I'm still a beginner with javascript, I've learned enough to get by on my own and that's good enough. From using Autohotkey to quickly open pandas in Hit Scraper to setting up an auto-accept when requesters in HM go off and writing custom scripts for specific HITs ... learning just a little has helped out a lot.
I've heard a lot of people say that this is how they learned- just whacking up existing scripts to make new scripts. It doesn't have to be pretty and polished, it just has to work.

Reactions: mordea and Jaded

weakman

Reaction score
Have you considered learning how to write your own scripts?

AHK is surprisingly easy to learn, especially with the tutorials that members on here have written. Once you know the basics, you can make your own rudimentary scripts in a couple of minutes.

It's a skill worth learning, and it's much more valuable that a single script could ever be.

It's pretty much impossible for anyone to write you a script and then guarantee you that you'll be able to make X amount of dollars with it. No one can control how many HITs you manage to catch, how well you end up doing them, etc. A HIT that one person makes bank on might be no good for you.

On top of that...the kind of batches you seem to be looking for- High volume, consistent, decently paying batches from established requesters without any sort of qual on them- are sort of like unicorns to begin with. There aren't very many batches that match that description. The ones that DO exist tend to be in very high demand, so there's already a huge amount of competition... and many of those batches have scripts that are publicly available any way.

Basically what I'm saying here is that you're expectations seem kind of unrealistic.

If you take the time to learn how to write basic AHK, you'll be able to find your own HITs and automate simple functions for yourself. Finding your own batches, figuring out to make them profitable, and doing the grunt work is a much more viable long term process than trying to pay someone for an easy button.

https://autohotkey.com/docs/Tutorial.htm

Spend some time trying AHK out and see if you can make something really rudimentary.
Is AHK better than Javascript? I've made quite a few scripts for javascript, but not AHK

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Is AHK better than Javascript? I've made quite a few scripts for javascript, but not AHK
It's...neither better or worse, really. It's different. It's easy to learn, and very handy if you're wanting to write quick scripts.

Reactions: Jaded

weakman

Reaction score
It's...neither better or worse, really. It's different. It's easy to learn, and very handy if you're wanting to write quick scripts.
So I shouldn't feel bad if I don't have scripts for requesters that appear often? It seems it might be a rare thing.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
So I shouldn't feel bad if I don't have scripts for requesters that appear often? It seems it might be a rare thing.
I'm not really sure what this statement has to do with AHK, but no, you shouldn't "feel bad" for not having a script. I can't imagine why you would tie your self worth to the scripts on your computer.

weakman

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what this statement has to do with AHK, but no, you shouldn't "feel bad" for not having a script. I can't imagine why you would tie your self worth to the scripts on your computer.
I am trying to make mechanical turk a great side job, but sometimes I feel bad because I see none of my scripts working with certain day hits.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
You would be better off finding a requester you like, saving the source code, and then working with someone to make a script -- giving them specifics on what you would want it to do.
If you don't want to learn yourself as Lepi suggested, that is.

wipeout4wh

Reaction score
Turkmaster is great for automatically accepting HITs when they appear, but it's only as good as the HITs you're tracking with it. I tend to just add good HITs from HitGrabber and HIT Scraper if they get throttled so I can get them when they're available again. If I do a good batch, I add that batch to my Turkmaster to get it again in the future. You can also add requesters or search results. Try adding a search for "survey" with the pay set to $1, and check the "for which you are qualified" box. They won't all be worth it, but check the TO and you'll find some good ones.

You don't really need to pay for scripts to make $8/hr. The free ones are good as long as you're using them effectively.

Reactions: Krikket

Mashal

Reaction score
wrong thread

Last edited:

Mashal

Reaction score
wrong thread

Last edited: