hello from Amish country!

actias_luna

Reaction score
hello, folks. it's good to be here! i'm a 29 year old single stay-at-home parent, living in Central Pennsylvania with my darling 9 year old and 10 month old boys, a crotchety 11 year old lab/shepherd mix named Biscuit (though i suspect he may also have some Australian cattle dog in him), and a petite little gray kitty named Nebula. okay, well, in the interest of full disclosure, i have a partner, but for all practical intents and purposes, i am singly responsible for holding everything together as he's currently occupied with law school.

i enjoy pop surrealist art, unique comics (think Chew - it's my favorite - or Transmetropolitan), magical realism, lepidoptera (though actias luna, the luna moth, perhaps predictably, is my favorite), cooking, dogs, a rather broad variety of music, and whatnot. as a parent, i'm somewhere between crunchy and soggy, but i'm very passionate about human development and it has led me to believe that peaceful parenting is the ideal for our family. that said, i'm too lazy and frazzled to judge other parents, and generally focus on keeping my own kids alive and mostly happy.

i'm shy and awkward, quite a bit odd, have a very strange sense of humor, probably watch a wee bit too much TV and read a bit too little, and i essentially have no life. :) if i'm not caring for my children, i'm transcribing on one or another website that uses independent contractors, or more often on mTurk, trying to figure out how to make this whole thing work for me as best as possible. (i only do transcription when things are really slow on mTurk, as it's rather tedious; i like the variety at mTurk - but i promise, my typing is much better when i am transcribing for hire; i just don't bother to capitalize when i am not being paid to do so.)

anyway, hello! though my free time is very limited, i look forward to hopefully contributing here on mTurk crowd and maybe making some new friends.

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
lepidoptera (though actias luna, the luna moth, perhaps predictably, is my favorite)
IIRC there were some HITs several months ago identifying parts of moth photos, shame you weren't around for those. :)

Reactions: actias_luna

actias_luna

Reaction score
IIRC there were some HITs several months ago identifying parts of moth photos, shame you weren't around for those. :)
oh, bummer. i would have absolutely loved that! someday, when i have the free time and finances for a hobby, i'd love to start collecting specimens and learn how to put together my own shadowboxes, and whatnot.

thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! :)

Reactions: clickhappier

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Was thinking you were an actual amish turker :p

Welcome!

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. This place is great and I've found that it's a place where everyone can feel welcomed. Glad to have you.