Hello from a new turker learning quickly

davidjleys

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I hope you are all turking well today.

I just got into Amazon mturk yesterday. I was scouring the internet to find some ways to make extra cash for a new goal of mine and the mechanical turk has shown its bright light in my direction. I spent my first bit of time just trying to click on any task I could find. Before too long, I realized this wasn't going to get me far. Then I started looking around the internet, found some great resources (such as Turkopticon, HIT Scraper, reporter, overwatch, etc..). Finally, I went into hours of just grabbing all the high approval tasks I could get my hands on (lots of survey's and bulk googling tasks, even picked one up for $2.5).

By the end of my first day, I have maxed out my limited task cap and have a projected earning of $17+ with an already approved earning of nearly $9. This seems like an alright start for me. Still, I am continuing to look for all the latest and greatest advice which is why I have come here.

I am pleased to join the community and am looking forward to meeting all of you.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score

I just got into Amazon mturk yesterday. I was scouring the internet to find some ways to make extra cash for a new goal of mine and the mechanical turk has shown its bright light in my direction. I spent my first bit of time just trying to click on any task I could find. Before too long, I realized this wasn't going to get me far. Then I started looking around the internet, found some great resources (such as Turkopticon, HIT Scraper, reporter, overwatch, etc..). Finally, I went into hours of just grabbing all the high approval tasks I could get my hands on (lots of survey's and bulk googling tasks, even picked one up for $2.5).

By the end of my first day, I have maxed out my limited task cap and have a projected earning of $17+ with an already approved earning of nearly $9. This seems like an alright start for me. Still, I am continuing to look for all the latest and greatest advice which is why I have come here.

I am pleased to join the community and am looking forward to meeting all of you.
Welcome! mTurk is a great way to earn spare cash indeed. $17 for day 1 is really impressive. mTurk is a massive learning curve over time, but you'll get the hang of it. We have a lot of people including myself willing to help you along the way

davidjleys

Reaction score
Welcome! mTurk is a great way to earn spare cash indeed. $17 for day 1 is really impressive. mTurk is a massive learning curve over time, but you'll get the hang of it. We have a lot of people including myself willing to help you along the way
Thank you PeachyRider! I appreciate the support. I am very much looking forward to figuring out mTurk to the best of my abilities and maximizing efficiency. The good thing is, I currently have plenty of time to devote to it. Hopefully, I can do regular checks and find spots to improve on a regular basis.

Reactions: Peachy

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score

Welcome to the forums. Good job getting the hand of things so quickly. Hang in there and it will get better over time.

Reactions: davidjleys