Health Nuts

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I’ve been craving sweets since I quit drinking. This could be a problem.
I get this too, but with salty stuff

Haven't had a drink in 9 days but I keep buying things like peanut butter filled pretzel bites and chips and cheese snack sticks and eating way too much of them. Gonna have to start weening myself off of that soon.
Grats to you both for not drinking. I think I'm finally at the point where I don't miss it at all and it's a really nice place to be.

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Grats to you both for not drinking. I think I'm finally at the point where I don't miss it at all and it's a really nice place to be.
thanks! I still want to be able to drink sometimes, and I know I'm capable of controlling it, but I was definitely letting it get away from me for a few months. Trying to break the association between drinking = escape/comfort, or something like that

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
thanks! I still want to be able to drink sometimes, and I know I'm capable of controlling it, but I was definitely letting it get away from me for a few months. Trying to break the association between drinking = escape/comfort, or something like that
Yeah, it's hard to get to that point, especially if you're addiction-prone. I like that I can have a bit of wine from time to time without feeling the need to drink a whole bottle, but I do still need to remind myself of limits once in a while. It gets easier every day.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Yeah, it's hard to get to that point, especially if you're addiction-prone. I like that I can have a bit of wine from time to time without feeling the need to drink a whole bottle, but I do still need to remind myself of limits once in a while. It gets easier every day.
I am trying to get to this point. But let me tell you, hangovers are making it much and much easier to just enjoy two or so drinks on the weekend. I do not recover like I used to.

Reactions: VGB and aveline

savvy

Reaction score
2 straight weeks of logging and monitoring every ounce of food i put in my mouth.

adding running 3x a week to my at least 300 minutes of dancing a week, and then riding 2x weekly.

Cut out 80% of alcohol.

Lose 0 pounds.

:rain:

savvy

Reaction score
well. still frustrated. according to my fitbit i am in a 500-1000 calories deficiet a day. I am even UNDERestimating exercise and i overestimate food.

I HAVEN'T LOST A POUND. My pants almost don't fit me. I'm going to go for my physical soon and will talk with the doctor about it.

I am the definition of Calories in Calories out doesn't work for everyone. I dance 2-3 days a week, and I posted screen shots of my exercise profile for that. Dancing nights i go home drenched in sweat, and am often completely out of breath. Sometimes our DJ will play song combos to try to kill us and laughs. He wants us tired. I'm tired of putting in useless effort.

• Sad
Reactions: Kennedy

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
well. still frustrated. according to my fitbit i am in a 500-1000 calories deficiet a day. I am even UNDERestimating exercise and i overestimate food.

I HAVEN'T LOST A POUND. My pants almost don't fit me. I'm going to go for my physical soon and will talk with the doctor about it.

I am the definition of Calories in Calories out doesn't work for everyone. I dance 2-3 days a week, and I posted screen shots of my exercise profile for that. Dancing nights i go home drenched in sweat, and am often completely out of breath. Sometimes our DJ will play song combos to try to kill us and laughs. He wants us tired. I'm tired of putting in useless effort.

I'm having similar issue. I've lost 26 lbs over 2 years with zero effort at all. This last month I have been trying most days, and I lose 2, gain 2. Arghhhh. Back to cheeseburgers for me?

Reactions: savvy

savvy

Reaction score
I'm having similar issue. I've lost 26 lbs over 2 years with zero effort at all. This last month I have been trying most days, and I lose 2, gain 2. Arghhhh. Back to cheeseburgers for me?
thats how i feel so often. why try if the effort brings me nothing. I keep trying to say at least I am "healthier" but yeah I don't feel healthier. What I feel is like I can't fit into my pants lol

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
thats how i feel so often. why try if the effort brings me nothing. I keep trying to say at least I am "healthier" but yeah I don't feel healthier. What I feel is like I can't fit into my pants lol
Pants are overrated! lol

savvy

Reaction score
another week of failure :bag:

• Sad

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey y'all. Trying to eat a little healthier. Having difficulties with the side dishes because I can be vegetable averse. I always go towards potatoes. I have been doing better but that is mostly just frozen veggie bags or raw veggies. Any good ideas on quick, easy, tasty sides of any type that aren't spuds?

savvy

Reaction score
Hey y'all. Trying to eat a little healthier. Having difficulties with the side dishes because I can be vegetable averse. I always go towards potatoes. I have been doing better but that is mostly just frozen veggie bags or raw veggies. Any good ideas on quick, easy, tasty sides of any type that aren't spuds?
I go for the frozen veggie bags a lot lol. When I’m bored today maybe I’ll find some recipes I tend to use and share here.
Do you like sweet potatoes? You still gotta limit them but more fiber!

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I go for the frozen veggie bags a lot lol. When I’m bored today maybe I’ll find some recipes I tend to use and share here.
Do you like sweet potatoes? You still gotta limit them but more fiber!
Not a huge sweet potato fan, but maybe I should try them again.

savvy

Reaction score

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Good but still healthy veggie reciepes that I would like -- I usually wing it but these are directions of stuff I would almost make LOL

Baked Parmesan Garlic Zucchini

Loaded Cauli (pretty much tastes like poatoes)

Also, sneak veggies into something. I put veggies in my pasta sauce. Usually frozen spinach, I just warm it up with the sauce. Sometimes really finely chopped frozen broc tho. I am lazy.

Kennedy @Kennedy
Loaded cauli sounds good. I've never been big on zucchini, but I do love parm and garlic. Thanks for the ideas!

savvy

Reaction score
Oh yeah! Zoodles for pasta instead! make a good sauce and add some cheese itll be low cal.

Oh! Or bacon and brussel sprouts. delightful.

Kennedy @Kennedy

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
So, I’m trying to get back on the Keto and not drinking starting today. I just wanted to post that here for some accountability really. If you get a weird text message from me, I’m probably drunk. I won’t be able to quit drinking completely, but I’m hoping that I can stop the binge drinking.

And I miss sweets already.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
So, I’m trying to get back on the Keto and not drinking starting today. I just wanted to post that here for some accountability really. If you get a weird text message from me, I’m probably drunk. I won’t be able to quit drinking completely, but I’m hoping that I can stop the binge drinking.

And I miss sweets already.
This sounds great! I have not done Keto but my husband is interested in it and I was like you might need to figure it out on your own and just give me a meal plan. No sweets huh? Even like honey or sugar in fruit or how does that work?

I believe that you can reach and exceed your goals. Keep posting here everyday we'll check!